• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The quietest can for the 850?

R

R3bu

Dec 11, 2014
My dad and I are not much for the loud cans, and was wondering what is the quietest aftermarket can?

Any information would be appreciated

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Stock....

In fairness no one quite knows yet.

Start by looking at folks that are building to the newest sound standards. Such as Starting Line Performance (SLP), I think HPS is as well.

The Diamond S Manufacturing "quiet" version should be pretty good.

SLP

Premium Member
We do not have a silencer for the new G4 quite yet, but we are working on one. From the initial development, it looks like its going to be about 7 or 8 pounds lighter than stock, but that is still in the works. Our exhausts are always the quietest around.

This is due to the fact that we sound test them on the SAE J2567 test which has an 88 decibel limit. All of our current model silencers pass this test well below the 88 dB limit while creating a unique performance tone.

Another benefit to our silencers is that they go through the same development process as our complete exhaust, which includes dyno and field testing to verify performance.

We are taking pre-orders over the phone so if you are interested and would like to put your name on one give us a call @ 208-529-0244!

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
We do not have a silencer for the new G4 quite yet, but we are working on one. From the initial development, it looks like its going to be about 7 or 8 pounds lighter than stock, but that is still in the works. Our exhausts are always the quietest around.

This is due to the fact that we sound test them on the SAE J2567 test which has an 88 decibel limit. All of our current model silencers pass this test well below the 88 dB limit while creating a unique performance tone.

Another benefit to our silencers is that they go through the same development process as our complete exhaust, which includes dyno and field testing to verify performance.

We are taking pre-orders over the phone so if you are interested and would like to put your name on one give us a call @ 208-529-0244!

That is one of the reasons why you folks have been around for as long as you have.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
What is the stock can db?

I don't have your answer, but it is really quiet compared to my T3. Maybe it's all the sound deading felt that everyone is talking about but, it for sure not going to wake the neighbors when loading in am.

Last edited:
Premium Features