• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Ski-Doo : The New Summit 850 E-TEC

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
2017 Ski-Doo : The New Summit 850 E-TEC

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MaW5mOBVM8g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i rode the hell out of one on in the showroom at my dealer last night. and i can confirm that doo DID put a set of idler wheels behind the front skid shock. this sled definitely had a pair.

d6bd28671707caa0473ff29496227042.jpg

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
I saw an sp last night at the Milwaukee show..
Have to say.. A bit disapointed..
It did say prototype and was probably riden hard.
1. steering column play! Rediculous!

2. Foot area has no support,
If you lift your toe it goes into plastic, almost like they forgot to finish designing footwell?

3. The front bumper has no support? is it bolted to plastic? The whole front end moves when you push on it, I aslo saw an slp bumper on an mxz there,
Same thing push on it and the whole plastic front end moves..

4. The grip heater and highbeam switches, not sure what they were thinking? The toggle is 1" tall?

5. The intake screen's? Really? Hope they are easier to change than the xm!

6. SkiDoo HD bumpers are cast aluminum?

Sorry for rant!
On a plus + it looks alot better in person!

Oh.. And the chaincase and caliper are a non issue! You will never know they are there.

Last edited:

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
The steering column was sloppy as hell on this SP that I seen as well. The bars and riser also look very thin and chintzy. I hope they are stronger than they look!

T

Trailsweeper

Jan 16, 2013
The steering column was sloppy as hell on this SP that I seen as well. The bars and riser also look very thin and chintzy. I hope they are stronger than they look!

So a brand new production sled has a sloppy steering post from the get go?

That was one of the first things I noticed when sitting on a prototype in the spring, it was bad.

Did you notice if they did anything different with the dash switches, or are they the same as what was on the prototypes?

I
Jun 24, 2016

That was one of the first things I noticed when sitting on a prototype in the spring, it was bad.

Did you notice if they did anything different with the dash switches, or are they the same as what was on the prototypes?

The prototype summit at Milwaukee show definitely had sloppy steering. Would think powers at be would of done something about it before displaying it to thousands of people!

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010

the switches are the same big, ugly things they had on the proto's. i saw a proto in west yellowstone at their dealer before the expo this last winter, but they had the secret service eye balling it. i couldnt even touch it. so i cannot comment on the steering of that sled.............but the new one i saw at my dealer last night had more slop than either XM that i owned.

this is the proto i saw in west last spring

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Played on a new sled today.
Had prototype stickers on it but did not look ridden.
Steering post was tight, i like how narrow the whole sled is (except the stupid wide boards).
I love the technology that is in this 850! I need to ride one of these this season.

GS6

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Played on a new sled today.
Had prototype stickers on it but did not look ridden.
Steering post was tight, i like how narrow the whole sled is (except the stupid wide boards).
I love the technology that is in this 850! I need to ride one of these this season.

GS6
First hand reports should be coming in MIGHTY SOON now

Premium Features