• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vest?

Mtn-Track

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2009
N/E, CO & GL, CO
Ruffy, I'm glad you dug this up. I was about to post the whole 'vest' question on this 4m.

I ride with the Tek Vest and so do my two kids. My wife doesn't have one since she doesn't really like the fit and comfort of the Tek, BUT she does want 'something'. I thank ALL of you for the recommendations and just need to find a local bike shop or something that has some for her to try on.:beer;:)

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
Does anyone have motocross body armor? Something like this?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/7/21/15919/ITEM/Thor-Motocross-Womens-Quadrant-Protector.aspx?SiteID=CSE_GBase_021&WT.mc_ID=80003&zmam=88421133&zmas=1&zmac=2&zmap=15919

I like that it has more protection than the 661, some side protection and more collar bone and shoulder protection. Not sure how comfortable they are but can't be too bad I'd think..... I like the 661, but am worried the hard plastic areas is a bit less than I was looking for. Anything is better than nothing, but I also want something substantial yet not restrictive.

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
That's what I was wondering Brandy. They look pretty tough, but I don't know how they'd work for sledding. This one is actually called an impact deflector, but probably just for lighter impacts than a tekvest.

http://www.rockheadbikes.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=344964

I can't find anywhere to try on a coresaver, it just looks like there's a lot of unprotected area on the front???

Last edited:
C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
All of you girls are pretty hip to the 661. Many of you have had quite a bit of time with them. Has anyone had a very serious impact as a legitimate performance test yet on the 661?

I have hit hard enough to knock the wind out of me, had to lay in the snow and wait for it to come back. No lasting injuries there.

I had the vest on when I rolled down the rocks and went off the cliff 2 years ago. There is a gash on the spine protector part as a reminder. However I had no "core" injuries from that, just limbs.

I would really like to have it be longer to protect my innerds, but it covers my ribs, chest and spine and I guess that is what is for.

Lisa, the Coresaver comes in s/m and l/xl. You definitely don't need the later. Finding a place to try them on is difficult at best. I believe that WPS carries them (use to, that's where I bought my first one from) so maybe you can talk your local dealer into ordering one in for you to check out?

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I am not too interested in the dd fit, but how did the jerseys work for you gals? Ready to start picking up stuff with the mrs..

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
I visited with Tek Rider at Haydays, and the gal that helped me is actually very well educated as she designed the Tek Vest. She took the vest I got from them and "rolled" it for the fit. This allowed for my chest, although not big, to be comfortable. I have hit the bars hard enough to move my bars forward with no injuries besides a sore ego and a bit out of breath. They are made for snowmobiling and I like how I can wear a lighter jacket and still be warm. Thank you TEK RIDER for making a great product!!!!

Have any of you ladies tried the Fox Women's Roost Deflector? I tried it on and it fits well, but I'm not sure how it would hold up during sternum to handlebar impact during a jump gone wrong (been there, don't wanna do it again without protection). I looked for the 661 vest you all talked about but my local shops don't have it. :(

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Spq, The roost protector is simply used for rocks, dirt, mud in motorcross. I would personally never use one in place of a actual tek vest made for the sport it was designed for. The machines are different weights and different types of injuries can occur.

Last edited:
O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Have any of you ladies tried the Fox Women's Roost Deflector? I tried it on and it fits well, but I'm not sure how it would hold up during sternum to handlebar impact during a jump gone wrong (been there, don't wanna do it again without protection). I looked for the 661 vest you all talked about but my local shops don't have it. :(

Did you check the mountain bike stores? That's where I found mine. The coresaver does offer protection, but I wonder if it's enough protection for jumping??? I'm not a jumper, and it has worked fine in protecting me from h/b hits from when coming to a fast stop (ski hooking a root in the trail, etc), but an impact from a jump gone bad? You may want more than what the core saver offers.

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana

This is NICE!! :face-icon-small-coo

TekvestPic2.jpg

Premium Features