• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Custom IQ Mountain Racer

S
Nov 26, 2007
I'm building something fairly similar to this sled this summer and was wondering how you managed to squeeze the triple pipes in and retain the stock headlights? It doesn't look like there is even a whole lot of room for twin pipes, let alone triples. Nice build...

P
Nov 27, 2007
There really isent any room. Most guys running twins in this chassi can run the headlight pod. My pipe builder had to work pretty hard to get everything to fit. There was fifteen hundred dollars in just labor making the pipes, that doesent even include the cost of the pipes we statred with. It was an exspensive project. I have way more into it then I am going to get out of it.

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
What kind of primary clutch do you run? sounds kinda light. Also, what year is the motor? And how much with the other suspensions installed? I would be more interested in the chassis minus the tunnel, track, and motor tho. But it would be a good one to start with, even complete how it is.

P
Nov 27, 2007
I run a P-85 primary cluch, with anywhere from 56-60 grahm weights. Which other suspension are you interested in? Lets make a deal on this thing. Either whole or maybe even just the chassi. I actually have someone maybe just interested in the motor and pipes. Let me know.

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
how can you run that small of weights? what kind of rpm do you turn? i got 74g's in my 900 turning just under 8000 rpm! I want the 1200 w/c motor in one of those. And the simmons rear suspension with a Van Amburg tunnel. maybe I dreaming a little bit, but I like the price of your final complete build IQR. Don't wait up for me cuz I gotta sell my sled first.... or real soon after.

P
Nov 27, 2007
Is your 900 a twin? Cause tripples turn alot more rpm. My motor turns 8800 to 9000 rpm all day long. This is a great deal. You couldnt build this sled for what im selling it for.

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
I know that, but i want to do more with your sled. I didn't think the weight would be that different in 1,000 rpm. Maybe I should ditch the 900 this year and get yours and ride it how it is for a year. Wanna trade:D I'll throw in some :beer; One other thing, whats the gas tank off of and how much can you carry in those cans?

P
Nov 27, 2007
The gas tank on it is an OEM 8.5 gallon tank. And each of those little cans holds 1.3 gallons, so the total gas you have is right around eleven total. I think if you bought it and rode it the way that it it for a year you would be really amazed in how awesome it is. Just out of curiousity what more would you want to do to it?

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
how can you run that small of weights? what kind of rpm do you turn? i got 74g's in my 900 turning just under 8000 rpm! I want the 1200 w/c motor in one of those. And the simmons rear suspension with a Van Amburg tunnel. maybe I dreaming a little bit, but I like the price of your final complete build IQR. Don't wait up for me cuz I gotta sell my sled first.... or real soon after.

yeah twins turn less RPM, but spring rates can really alter how much weight you sling as well. Just cause you turn more weight doesnt mean much depending on setup.

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
I hate to say it cause I like your sled....alot....

I'm really in the market for building a 1200 w/c for one of them. I've talked to Brad Wursten and he says you want the stock(did you say you had a Holz coil over on one) or Simmons rear suspension for that kind of power. Says they're the only ones that transfer right. Also I want a CR Racing tunnel real bad, but would go for a Van Amburg. The thing with the XCR motor, is that I've been around some good running triples, 600's, 680's and 800's, granted they have been in heavy old sleds and didn't have exhaust valves, I always wanted more. I'm sure I would be real impressed, but after I got used to it, I would want more again. I always do. Let me know if ya want to trade, I've got a damned good running 900.

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Did you sell yet? Let me know when you do, ok? I suppose you weren't interested in my trade, were you?

P
Nov 27, 2007
Sorry not interested in any trades. I have a sale pending. Sad to see it go. Rode it last weekend with a guy riding a 1350 watercraft motor and he only had me by a length or two.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
Sorry not interested in any trades. I have a sale pending. Sad to see it go. Rode it last weekend with a guy riding a 1350 watercraft motor and he only had me by a length or two.

Thats a big claim! ^^^^^

Unless it was runnin like chit or not tuned very well.

Premium Features