• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone used MDS weights on a King Cat?

Jul 22, 2009
Everyone is raving about these weights although it seems like everyone is also riding an M. Thought I'd see if anyone has used them on a King Cat and what your experience/review has been.

In theory, I suppose that "if they're good, then they're good" and the reviews should be the same - but then again the M differs so much from a King (like in the RPM operating range) I thought it would hurt to ask.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Jul 22, 2009
Nobody...?

Been talking to Steve at MDS a bit and he has been super helpful. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a pair - can't beat the return policy. Just wanted to hear some feedback from people that have used them on a King though.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
I was wondering the same, did he think they would help in the clutching and power to the ground? Like you said the secondary is of the old school design. From a std. 72 or 74 gram weight, does he recommend a different weight in his design? Lighter heavier etc...

Thanks Mike

Jul 22, 2009
Mike,

I will tell you that he (Steve) is SUPER helpful. It's the way customer service should be. For your setup I would recommend contacting him because he'll ask you a number of questions about your setup, where you ride, elevation, current clutching, mods, etc.

That being said, he said it should help my sled a lot. He has a 03 mod 900 himself so he is particularly intrigued with our sleds. I'm currently running 69g weights in mine for 9-11k ft in Utah with a decent amount of powertrain mods. He recommends 78g in his weights with the same setup otherwise. He said that his weights have a particularly aggressive profile. I made sure that it wasn't a typo but he did confirm that generally you will run 8-10g heavier in his weights over stock.

I'm going to order a set pretty soon. Can't wait to try them. Can't beat a money back guarantee. If they work - it's short money for the gains; if they don't send them back...

Premium Features