• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m1000 turbo?

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
Kimi threw out some bigs names there. And you can bet your ars most of them would never think of getting on here and talking smack about one another. I just don't understand it.

You guys are the future of sledden cause in my eyes turbos are the future. To throw another under the bus like that just sucks.

And for someone to get on here like freeagent to throw trash like he knows the entire story but wont say who he is. Big talk little dick in my opinion!!!!

Do I know the entire story?? HELL NO. I do know talking sh!t on SW is childish!!!! Seems to me PT is handling this crap pretty well!!!! Shows a bit about his character. If you don't have a good character what do you have??

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
Sooooooooo............................

Anyone get to try the new 09 cat track in a 162" under boost? thinkin about running one with my new sled, but dont want paddles everywhere after I spend $800 on a new track :(

Would really like the hookup of the attack 20 in Hillclimb position but to be more dependable. Also, the finger idea throwing snow inside the track is superb. Thats pretty much just what the track needed, was Fingers or something hard between the paddles.

That is what i want to know , cant wait to try that new track.:beer;

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
I rode an 09 with boost! seems to hook up pretty well, I would like to get one..

Boost and the new track!

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
Kimi threw out some bigs names there. And you can bet your ars most of them would never think of getting on here and talking smack about one another. I just don't understand it.

You guys are the future of sledden cause in my eyes turbos are the future. To throw another under the bus like that just sucks.

And for someone to get on here like freeagent to throw trash like he knows the entire story but wont say who he is. Big talk little dick in my opinion!!!!

Do I know the entire story?? HELL NO. I do know talking sh!t on SW is childish!!!! Seems to me PT is handling this crap pretty well!!!! Shows a bit about his character. If you don't have a good character what do you have??

Shain and i talked and if you all must know i don't have a dick so it's a little hard for me to show mine.....I will hold my opions to myself from now on and if asked personaly I with give it. I am just sorry to see a friendship of this length of time go down the drain and if Brad and shain have their own issue's thats between them. My opinion is my own and has nothing to do with Brad he has not asked me to post a damn thing on here and i do it of my own accord. So don't blame him for my big mouth. Call it PMS or whatever.

Shell

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
My personal thought was that Cobbycat asked about a turbo kit for his m1000 and which was working best. Also that everyone of us virgin turbo lovers keep on logging into this thread for info to help us decide what to set up for low maintenanace riding. There seems to be a few of you guys right there in front of us with some exceptionally high quality experience. Don't make me send you guys to DR Phil, cuz what I'm seeing is unbelieveable. Sounds like something Jerry Springer would soppena for a pay per view. You guys had better get together and build a turbo kit that's %110. Ya got enough HP in yer noggins to do it. Don't waste yer time with personal stuff, not with us the customer watching. We the customer don't mind spendin' the loot on something that works. So get together and make some money. When I see a video of someone with a product they are promoting/testing I have more respect for them and want to deal with them if they are truly stand up regardless of the "behind the seens" issues with friends and co-workers. Save that for the friday night backyard BBQ. Now put it together and Guarantee it. Sell it to all of us......

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California
things will not change with me I spent count less hours on the phone this season trying to help people with other companies problems and felt I did a lot of help along the way I have meet some great guys and life long freinds doing it, when Im riding and see someone having troubles I always try to help If I can, I myself by no means know everything about turbos or sleds for that matter but I know what works for me, if Im happy thats all that matters right?

Pure Logic Tuning said:
Nate PL will help any customer out there tune his sled we do the programming on the fuel controls and we know how to tune them. I would tune any turbo kit that Brad built because he is using the same exact components as PL. I will tune shains turbos even though he uses some different components. I am the one that tuned Shains sleds so I know them inside and out. I have to take care of my customers and dealers number one and then try to help everyone else the best that i can.

Good to hear! Everyone who will be buying either kit will be really happy to know. I already know that Travis and Garr have helped me out, and Shain has shown his 100% to others.

Should be a good year :) and an even longer summer.....:(

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
My personal thought was that Cobbycat asked about a turbo kit for his m1000 and which was working best. Also that everyone of us virgin turbo lovers keep on logging into this thread for info to help us decide what to set up for low maintenanace riding. There seems to be a few of you guys right there in front of us with some exceptionally high quality experience. Don't make me send you guys to DR Phil, cuz what I'm seeing is unbelieveable. Sounds like something Jerry Springer would soppena for a pay per view. You guys had better get together and build a turbo kit that's %110. Ya got enough HP in yer noggins to do it. Don't waste yer time with personal stuff, not with us the customer watching. We the customer don't mind spendin' the loot on something that works. So get together and make some money. When I see a video of someone with a product they are promoting/testing I have more respect for them and want to deal with them if they are truly stand up regardless of the "behind the seens" issues with friends and co-workers. Save that for the friday night backyard BBQ. Now put it together and Guarantee it. Sell it to all of us......

Exactly. I've got an m8 sitting here in the garage that is going to have a pump gas turbo on it by fall and I haven't decided who is going to do it for me yet. Want the best deal and someone who will stand behind it.

It's that simple, any takers?

Bombdiggity.

Lets all kiss and make up, the dirty laundry needs to be kept at home.
The real question is, does anybody really have a better kit than the other?

Are we really stealing each others ideas? Because if we are, you really need to go back to the origanal turbo developers (diesel big trucks) and pay homage.

Can someone build a turbo kit for a sled that will not cost me more money after I install it? And are you willing stand behind any problems that happen?

Will we here from you guys that are putting these kits together and give us a true answer without stabbing the other builders in the back?

I am serious about doing a turbo, but hell, this child like BS is warning me that none of you are able to produce a quality kit.

I can tell you that my sled on nitrous will out run your turbo's but the damb bottle goes empty, i want reliable constant real power.

What say you Shain Stanger?

Big Roger

Last edited:
S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
You just need to loose a few pounds there big roger.:D:beer;:beer;:beer; and a couple for Evan:beer;:beer;:beer;

B

Boost Addict

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
You are the man PT, and I'm sure I wouldn't be where I am now without your input. Good luck in your new venture!

The comments in my initial post on this thread were not directed at any one person directly except to promote Pure Logic and make buyers aware of blatant copycats. There were at least four new turbo kit builders that sprang up this year and now two of them are no longer in buisness after one season because they jumped in without the necessary experience and with copied product that they had no lasting support for. That, IMO, equals a bad rap for snowmobile turbo systems in general and as such hurts an industry that I have spent at least a dozen years to help build and one that provides a living for me. So as for my comments, you can call it protecting my investment or looking out for future customers... and if that offends someone, then it may sound harsh, but it was meant to.

Brad

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Bombdiggity.

I can tell you that my sled on nitrous will out run your turbo's but the damb bottle goes empty, i want reliable constant real power.
Cough cough BS, I have had nitrous sleds and I ride with alot of Turbos, the onlysled on gas I saw come close to a T sled had a 200 cc advantage and was a running against Brooks 1st swing turbo, and the turbo 6still out ran the N 800 in about 300 yds. It wouldnt be that close with hisnew kit. Im not dissing Nitrous it has its but it wont run with the Ts I ride with 2 or 4 stroke.

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
thanks for clarifying things brad as you know me and when I do somthing I dont give up halfway through. and when someone calls with a turbo problem I usually drop everthing to get it solved asap wether it is on the phone or in the shop, and yes I do stad behind my setups as If they will hold up to me for a season they will last the average person 5 seasons with the correct mattanance and I would be happy to help anyone out.

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
You are the man PT, and I'm sure I wouldn't be where I am now without your input. Good luck in your new venture!

The comments in my initial post on this thread were not directed at any one person directly except to promote Pure Logic and make buyers aware of blatant copycats. There were at least four new turbo kit builders that sprang up this year and now two of them are no longer in buisness after one season because they jumped in without the necessary experience and with copied product that they had no lasting support for. That, IMO, equals a bad rap for snowmobile turbo systems in general and as such hurts an industry that I have spent at least a dozen years to help build and one that provides a living for me. So as for my comments, you can call it protecting my investment or looking out for future customers... and if that offends someone, then it may sound harsh, but it was meant to.

Brad

Nice choice of words Brad, sounds like I'll prob give you a call and get somethin started.............very rofessional. We need to get some more 2 stroketurbo stuff going up here in northern Canada and I'm feelin the vibe. The local dealer is doing an awesome job with the first couple of pure logic kits and needs some willing arctic cat recipients parallelling him with the products I think I know what direction I'm heading with my new 1000 le. PT you'll prob get a call 2 for some support.

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
Brad is installing kits and endorsing Pure Logic turbo kits that is what he is saying in his post. You can puchase them direct from PL or from PL dealers and Distributors. The PL turbo kits have been tested all year to provide the highest quality and best tuning on the market today. These kits range from all M-series even the M-1200 That brad is riding to the Polaris 700 and 800 that includes the D8 that set the Jackson Hole hill climb record this year. Pl uses some of the best tuners and riders in the industry to test the products. You can order or get turbo kits from alot of respected dealers here are some dealers and phone numbers.
Pure Logic-(801)940-7777 or (801)791-0403
Brad story-(801)920-6508
Dakota Performance-(701)452-4512
(Capt)Kirk Williamson(435)770-8411
Snow West Dist. (780)436-8888
Turbo Performance-(801)725-1391
Obrien customs-(801)698-5230
K&T Performance (801)710-2915
Bad Oscar customs-(801)389-1138
There are many other dealers call PL for more Names and numbers.

Last edited:
B

Boost Addict

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Brad are you selling turbo kits for the AC M series? What is your deal?
Are you just dealing with the yamaha's? What is the deal, are you just a R&D guy.

Because of a "Non-compete" agreement that I signed with Boondocker I have been forced to focus on the propane 4-strokes, but as an install center we have first rate turbo systems available from Simmons and Pure Logic for most EFI sleds. These are the best turbo systems that I have ridden so far.

Brad

G
Nov 30, 2007
Idaho Falls, ID
anyone running one? what kits are working well? have m1000, would like to turbo! any input would be appreciated.

I would go with anything that Purelogic, Brad, or Shain has anything to do with as I think they are all good honest people. Shain helped me out immensly at the beginning of the season in going through my sled and wrenching all the bugs out of it. Also adding what him and purelogic come up with together on a controller and fuel system to help us abandoned boondocker M7 turbo people with crappy running sleds. My sled was one hot mess at the beginning of this season but after many hours wrenching and a solid day of the Shain treatment I had a flawless season. Only issue was I fractured a reed on my last ride of the season and lost a cylinder. (Thought I burned down). Replaced the reed and continued on with out a problem.

I would have to spend a good amount of time on a Boondocker 1000 turbo before I would pay the coin for one just because of my bad experience with them. I need to see for myself if they have improved there product at all from what they intially delivered to us first M7 guys.

I would chose any kit from PL or whatever Shain is coming with, with out hesitation. I would go with whatever kit I could get the best price on. Between these guys. Also another consideration would be the most complete kit as extras add up quick.....O2's, pyro guages, boost guage, clutching etc. etc. etc.

Also I need to spend more time on here or something as I didn't realize so many good people have split the sheets over this sledding season.

Last edited:
Premium Features