• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m1000 turbo?

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California
I dont think you can go wrong either way whether it be Shains kit or OVS.

I would drop several thousand on either, already owning OVS and getting to meet Travis and Garr personally I wouldnt hesitate at all to buy another

And that same day I got to meet Shain and his reputation precedes him.

Good peoples

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
I dont think you can go wrong either way whether it be Shains kit or OVS.

I would drop several thousand on either, already owning OVS and getting to meet Travis and Garr personally I wouldnt hesitate at all to buy another

And that same day I got to meet Shain and his reputation precedes him.

Good peoples

X2,

They strapped Spank on one of their 1K turbo's at fairview and.....

I think he messed his draw's a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ran really well to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
One of our guys just picked up Burandts M1000 turbo. Only way to describe it is it's a BEAST! There will be some shots in the latest 509 flick of the sled. Here's one chute Potratz pulled with it the day he got it...

co18.jpg

co2.jpg

Still wondering fellas is this the same chute that "stray*****" launched his turboed APEX off in the youtube video. Just curious? Want to know where this chute is at...........

B

Boost Addict

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
The turbo kits that Product tester (Shain Stanger) is using has been tested and tuned including the clutching by Pure Logic Tuning. The kits can be purchased direct from Pure Logic/Ogden Valley Sports at (801)940-7777 or (801)791-0403. These M-1000 and M-8 are running perfect.

I can vouch for the great performance of as well as recomend the Pure Logic systems. I have installed and ridden their stuff with excellent results. They stand behind their product, have intricate knowledge of how it works and have the most user friendly tuneability of any 2 stroke turbo I have been on as well as some truly new and cool ideas. Get the original from someone that knows their stuff not just a blatant copy of someone elses work and ideas like you will get with certain copycats.

Brad

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
What!!!!!!!

wow >???? hey brad used any of my Ideas? Hows the 1200 running or not? and if it wasnt for me pure logic wouldnt have kits out the door as soon as they did yes they built there own, and so have I thats how the hole industry works you yourself use parts that other people use that does not make you a copy cat it just means simply if everyone come up with every single part turbo kits would cost 20,000 all I am trying to do is allow people to have as much fun on the snow as I do and make a living doing what I love and do 24/7anyway but If you want to throw **** I am real good at that and have lots of ammo its up to you, my how people change.

Oh give me a break If anyone has the right to feel stabbed in the back and used it's Brad! Who did you ride with in the Thunderstruck movies? Oh yeah what was it they called you "The guy who RIDES with Brad Story". If this is how YOU treat your friends and a super great guy who has done nothing but defend you and talk nice about you then I would hate to see what you would do to your real friends. Sucks to be you Shane you just lost a good friend and a great guy. Oh and please start throwing **** I would love to get into that with you I am just one of many who will stand up for Brad and start throwing back. Brad may be a nice guy and keep it low key but I won't you can bet you A** on that one!!

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
WOW! I don't know what happened, or do I care to know, but I hate to see two talented guys like shain and brad who I thought where pretty good friends go at it like this, are parts, ideas, etc.... really worth losing a good friendship over?

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
repost!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW !!!! this is comming down to who has a bigger D!CK!!! my god !!! everyone has helped each other in one way or another !!! u all know it !! why get pissy when others try somthing that helps u and others sell products and advance the sport of turboed sleds !! if u look at it every kit has the resemblance of another !! why u ask ? it cause thats what will fit there and works !! everyone has a great kit out now all differ in many ways from build of parts to setup of clutching ETC !! if someone is building a kit and uses ur parts whats it hurting ? heck ur still sellin sh!t right ?
mike

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
So Should I call you Snow or Star?

So whats your real name coward? Just joined today and you know the whole story:confused: Mind your own business and stay out of it.

First of all do you post your real name? I have not seen a need until now to join so whats your beef with me? I have a beef with Shane considering the favors I have DONE for him this year on behalf of Brad SO YES I DO KNOW THE WHOLE F****ING story!!!! No pun intended Brad. What are you one of shane's little butt buddies that has to defend him? Come on give me a break he's a big boy he knows who I am... Don't ya Shane.... think hard.....When ya figure it out give me a call i freaking dare ya!!!!!

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Sooooooooo............................

Anyone get to try the new 09 cat track in a 162" under boost? thinkin about running one with my new sled, but dont want paddles everywhere after I spend $800 on a new track :(

Would really like the hookup of the attack 20 in Hillclimb position but to be more dependable. Also, the finger idea throwing snow inside the track is superb. Thats pretty much just what the track needed, was Fingers or something hard between the paddles.

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
somebody dont want to say his name !!! HMMMM wonder why that is? you've been called out !!! MAN UP OR SHUT UP!!!
mike:D

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
I gots a question for all you turbo manufacter's. One thing that makes all of these kits simliar is the fact that you guys all pretty much use the same stuff. Am I wrong? if so please point that out. Anyways, what my question is.....If someone buys a turbo from one company, does that exclude help from the others?

Picture it like the OVS guys. Those who bought there kit, who had fuel controller problems. Well by that time Derek Fisher had left OVS and started his own business called Attitude Industries. Pretty much using the Exact same fuel controller. BUT, if you had an OVS box and sent it to Derek that pretty much screwed the pooch on any help from OVS on that part if you went through Derek. Because we all know when Derek got the fuel controller he ripped off the OVS sticker and applied his "attitude Industries" sticker. So when it the unit was really bought from OVS and had gone through Derek at that time and somehow needed to go back to OVS, that person was pretty much screwed and left to deal with Derek outside the company

Is this going to be the same story with the turbo's?!?! You guys all use pretty much the same parts. If someone bought a turbo kit for a 1000 from Shain and was out on the mountain riding and was having problems with it, would you Brad? or Travis and Garr? stop and help him tune his sled? Even though you knew that the person had bought the Turbo kit from Twisted? Would you sell him a part or help him with his sled? Or would you tell that sledder that you cannot help him because it is not your kit. Or visa Versa any which way you put it. Will that be the story? From a customers point of view that sort of thing happens all the time. You guys are the Turbo Mecca down there, alot of the country will look to YOU guys for answers in 2 stroke turbo's and need help tuning. Would you Shain help out a sledder who bought there turbo kit from OVS?

What if the sledder called you on a saturday for some information? Would that person have to wait till there consumer/manufacturer answered there phone before they could get help? Or could they call OVS and not get denied because they bought the same turbo from someone else

anyways, just wondering. I had to go through that with Derek on my fuel controller and ended up bouncing inbetween OVS and Attitude Industries, I finally just decided to take a 10 hour drive down and get help straight from Travis and Garr, which they did. Garr helped me out a bunch and gave me alot of answers.

Will people who are buying M1000 turbo kits be able to reciprocate parts and or questions with any manufacturer making the exact same kit?

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
i thought that was the way it was for the most part but times change i guess or do they ?i agree with u nate !! for all us customers ! we ask for help on out kits turbo and or any other product i would hope if we ask we shall receive !! if not i guess the next person will get the purchase if they help! but i would hope every vendor would help the consumer weather it be 1 kit or another !! if u help him/her they will come trust me i have sent many people to certain vendors and not to others for this reason and this reason alone !! i hope this will work out for everyones bennifit including us the consumers !!!
mike:confused:

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
things will not change with me I spent count less hours on the phone this season trying to help people with other companies problems and felt I did a lot of help along the way I have meet some great guys and life long freinds doing it, when Im riding and see someone having troubles I always try to help If I can, I myself by no means know everything about turbos or sleds for that matter but I know what works for me, if Im happy thats all that matters right?

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
Nate PL will help any customer out there tune his sled we do the programming on the fuel controls and we know how to tune them. I would tune any turbo kit that Brad built because he is using the same exact components as PL. I will tune shains turbos even though he uses some different components. I am the one that tuned Shains sleds so I know them inside and out. I have to take care of my customers and dealers number one and then try to help everyone else the best that i can.

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Is this the place? I know Shain I have rode with him Ive seen him stop and help guys, hes a good guy. I have no clue who Free Agent is but Ill bet he is a good guy too. I just dont think the 4M is the place to do this? These pissing matches may be entertaining to some but I have seen the fall out in "real time" we're going riding we cant invite this guy or that guy. For alot of you folks this might be a cyber world most of us (in Ut.) know ride hang out or in other words are friends beyond the lap top? Now head up to that little bar (Shooting Star) by Pinveiw have a cold one or two and work it out. A man cant have to many friends.

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
I've debated on whether to respond to this thread.... I consider most people involved in this discussion good friends. I could offer many examples of their class and quality, but will just say I'd do anything for these guys! Shain, I consider family!

The sledding industry is a pretty small market. I swim with sharks everyday in my own business. It has made me a pretty good swimmer, otherwise I'd be eaten or at minimum lose a tail fin! :face-icon-small-win Since sledding aftermarket businesses fish in a pretty small pond I easily understand the frustration when other boats show up, especially if it's your friend's boat who is now your competitor! I fully understand the stress and strain of business. It's easy to get mad and frustrated when someone else is trying to take food off your table.

In business and life, there are a few sayings that have strong meaning to me....."If you see a man on top of a mountain, it's highly likely he didn't fall there!,"....."There's always room at the top!," and......."Don't always reinvent the wheel, but try to make it roll better!"

I appreciate, respect and acknowledge the efforts, brilliance, and work that have gone into bringing sledding to where it is today. Guys like Brad Story, Travis Baird, Garr Petersen, Max Maxedon, Rocky Young, Troy Johnson, Chad Rebec, Jack Struthers, Val Simmons, and Shain Stanger, to name a few, are on the cutting edge of moving us forward. I'm thankful to these guys, because I love sledding as much as anyone! I hope everyone will continue to remember their customers, and they're not always the most obvious people or groups. This will be good for sledding, those of us who love to ride, and the pocketbooks of businesses and individuals who take us forward. Thanks guys! Hope fences can be mended and friendships not lost!

Premium Features