• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need turbo help on cpc stage ll

X

x-ac-7

Mar 9, 2008
mantorville, mn
Hey I have a proclimb with a Cutler stage 2 turbo and I need some help with attitude fuel numbers and also clutch setup help. This is first year I will be running 10+ psi and I need some opinions on what works best. Also I have been having a really bad studder when I'm at full throttle but everything under that runs perfect. Really having trouble getting rid of that studder. If anyone has any ideas let me know
Thanks

I will post video later to show the studder I'm having

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
8-10 Psi for 3 seasons now (bin up to 12 psi straight 100ll 4-7k ft)
Fuel 34-35 psi
G-1
Y-1.5
R-1.5-2
GB-2-2.5

Stock clutching that comes with the kit. Add / remove weight as needed in heel to be 8100-8200.

Haven't had a single issue. Other then smoked one set of stock reeds. Two seasons on boysen turbo reeds now. What's ur EGT an AF doing??

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
NEED RUNNING ALTITUDE. Anything else is pointless without that. 10 psi in MN is like 18+ out here...

If you're running 10psi back there, your stutter is you running out of fuel. If I go past 15 here I'll get the same thing.

Last edited:

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
Is your stage 2 running 4 injectors? I run a push 4 injector here in ND 800ft elev. Up to 12 psi no trouble with running out of fuel on this kit. My first guess is you are hitting rev limiter with the little details you gave. If not have you already tried adding boost fuel if your AFR is over 12.5? Need more info to give you more than guesses.

X

x-ac-7

Mar 9, 2008
mantorville, mn
I'll be running high elevation at 10 psi that's where I need suggestions for fuel numbers and clutching. The suddering was here in mn at 8 psi. Wasn't the rev limiter because I had the Rpm below 8000 just to make sure it wasn't that. It only happens at full throttle and no matter what I do with fuel box it doesn't clean up or even change the studder so has to be something else

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
You gotta give is more info. What elevation is there?? What fuel were you running?? Stock head?? And what are your fuel settings pressure an box?? Are you running a AF I hope atleast?

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
Yes #1 what is your AFR gauge telling you at wot? Is your boost fuel light (blue RH side)coming on when in the higher rpms? Again... does it have 2 extra injectors if not you are starving for fuel you can't run 8 psi in Mn on stock injectors only.

Last edited:
X

x-ac-7

Mar 9, 2008
mantorville, mn
I'm Running 110 fuel, stock head (also have low comp head), usually ride 9000 ft or so, I don't have an a/f gauge but have heat gauge which I know isn't good.. Im usiing the attitude box but this is first year on race fuel so my numbers are way off compared to last year. I talked to Cutler and he gave me some starting numbers but I want some more fine tuned numbers that you all have actually ran.

My sled has no stinger in pipe, is running a true cold air intake, has oil delete, I'm running straight exhaust out side with screamer pipe. I have 70-80g and 80-90g weights on hand. I'm using the springs and helix that dale gave me for the kit when I bought it.

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
By heat gauge you mean EGT gauges?? Make sure your blue light on right side of attitude box is coming on. (Means the box is reading boost) sounds like a lean pop to me maybe

X

x-ac-7

Mar 9, 2008
mantorville, mn
Yea I mean egt. I will try to look but its hard watching that and not hitting things. If its not reading boost does that mean one of the vacuum hoses isnt working to fuel box?

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Ya get some reading for egts. Also ya the box has to see boost an show blue to give enough fuel. Mine spools fast an shows boost (blue) even on the trails. If not you'll burn er down in a hurry.

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
Another easy thing to try is fresh plugs gapped at 20 thousandths. Higher boost levels can blow out the flame.

compound 1300

Premium Member
Mar 15, 2010
zortman montana
CPC stage II

What is your fuel pressure set at? What is your plug gap?check your plug wires and make sure they are not rubbing together and worn holes causing spark to jump between each other. I had a fuel pump going bad that made a similar sound.

X

x-ac-7

Mar 9, 2008
mantorville, mn
How can I tell if fuel pump is going bad.? It'll still read good pressure if it's bad right? I put that different wastegate/actuator in, if that's adjusted wrong would that make it studder?

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
Ditto on the plugs,

but I would do a test with your clutching. Load up your weights a bunch...till you can pull the rpm down way below 8000. I know that the rpm looks right on the gauge now, but when it's stuttering they don't read right.

I actually changed out a turbo chasing a similar problem and then found I needed to run huge weight in my clutch....expensive lesson....and so easy to test and eliminate.

Premium Features