• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Push turbo NO additional injectors question?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
well then is it not telling you that you need some higher octane at lower elevation..??...or lower boost..??

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
The RKT turbo domes are probably really helping you out.

Yeah there probly the only reason it's still kicking.

well then is it not telling you that you need some higher octane at lower elevation..??...or lower boost..??

Well... Maybe... I'm on the borderline the whole time id say. I guess I should just suck it up and mix in a few gal of av gas. I need to quit my dreams of a straight pump gas pull and go sled I guess!

Turbos are fun.. It's crazy how high you can go. I was wheelieing past my buddy who got stuck and I was on and off the throttle because it wheelies too much If I hold it pinned. But damn they trench bad In a 153 at really slow speeds.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
look..i even mix a tad of race in my bigbore (now I use Torco )because its on the edge...with 13.5 domes..haha..

Hey get something like that new piece ZBROS just came out with or the ovs one for your wheelie issue
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363779

I think I'm going to start filling a couple jerry cans full of AV and just keeping them in my garage, that should last me a 3-6 rides probably depending how much I run.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
enlarge your orifices on your current injectors..but more fuel flow won't help if you have not maxed out your duty cycle anyway would it..??

isn't the placement of the extra injector as important as the extra flow..??

Last edited:

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
enlarge your orifices on your current injectors..but more fuel flow won't help if you have not maxed out your duty cycle anyway would it..??

isn't the placement of the extra injector as important as the extra flow..??

Not sure exactly what the orifices are but I feel like I have an idea.. Im sure I'm close to being maxed out on my duty cycle and if I'm correct high flowing injectors would be similar to adding an extra injector but maybe not quite as effective? Am I right in thinking this? Because it is a much cheaper option if it does anything even similar to an extra injector.

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
Not sure exactly what the orifices are but I feel like I have an idea.. Im sure I'm close to being maxed out on my duty cycle and if I'm correct high flowing injectors would be similar to adding an extra injector but maybe not quite as effective? Am I right in thinking this? Because it is a much cheaper option if it does anything even similar to an extra injector.

The problem with the g kit is HEAT the extra injectors in charge tube is what cools the charge. Do it the right way or forget it IMO.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
The turbo blanket is helping me a ton to keep the heat away from the charge tube and pushing it out of the exhaust. The venting on the hood is probably helping a lot too to keep the heat down as well. Honestly after a decent pull when I feel my charge tube its not much past warm, even since I added the turbo blanket and CAI the charge temps went down a crazy amount from the few other rides I had.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Robert...get some refrigeration tubing 3/16/ 1/4/ and splice it into your coolant return and wrap the charge tube like crazy in ight coils and reintroduce the tubing into the return downstream..then your off to the races...

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
Dude just do the injector in the charge tube. I wouldn't try reinventing the wheel. There is a reason they added it to the kits now. I wouldn't try to cheap skate out when running boost. You'll save yourself $100 but then melt down your motor and it will cost more in the end.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Dude just do the injector in the charge tube. I wouldn't try reinventing the wheel. There is a reason they added it to the kits now. I wouldn't try to cheap skate out when running boost. You'll save yourself $100 but then melt down your motor and it will cost more in the end.

Im looking into it and will if I can. Its just tough since I'm a broke student making $11.25/h and right now I'm putting every penny into either gas for the sled or gas for the truck. Im just trying to make the most of what I have but obviously it needs to actually run and stay running for it to mean anything to me to ride. I understand 100% what your saying and I am working towards the extra injector if possible, it'll be a few pay checks though :face-icon-small-coo

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Snowmobile3-11-11044.jpg

This is caused by running to lean, not enough fuel, not so much deto. You maxed out your factory injectors. The whole idea of a extra injector cooling air in the charge tube to me is a wash. It does help cool it at that point and your reeds like that but were the real heat occurs is in the cylinder during compression, big deal you got 6 or 12 psi after your turbo, in the combustion chamber you can have over 200 psi heating the charge before ignition.

Turn the boost down or run the extra injector and mix in some av fuel.

The turbo does look ridiculously small to be hanging off a 800 and is part of the problem

Last edited:

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
Im looking into it and will if I can. Its just tough since I'm a broke student making $11.25/h and right now I'm putting every penny into either gas for the sled or gas for the truck. Im just trying to make the most of what I have but obviously it needs to actually run and stay running for it to mean anything to me to ride. I understand 100% what your saying and I am working towards the extra injector if possible, it'll be a few pay checks though :face-icon-small-coo

This is your paycheck...:face-icon-small-ton
This is your paycheck with boost....:crazy:

This first year of learning curve is such a great education, but when we look back...oh wow!

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
You guys all win I have a det problem! I didn't have a chance to get Av gas and try that but today riding a 7second WOT pull and I tripped the det sensor. Ill try Av gas but I don't think thats enough time to start saving for the extra injector.

But I gotta say wow boost is fun, I've already gone places I wouldn't of thought of going before in the trees and already gone places I shouldn't have gone… It would of been interesting getting my sled out of this one spot I got in today without the turbo… The slightly off tuning and the turbo lag make it even more interesting riding in the trees but to the people who say turbos aren't good in the trees… They are better than NA sleds in the trees! Just gotta be on top of your game! Maybe I shouldn't say better but WAY more fun…

Premium Features