• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is Camso gonna do to save the YETI brand?

L
Nov 18, 2014
CDA, ID
Boy, I sure have a lot of fun on my ol’ clunky TS! I guess I could find some things to complain about but I’d rather just ride and smile... of course, a big part of that smile is due to me being on a MotoTrax last year- that thing was $hit!

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Boy, I sure have a lot of fun on my ol’ clunky TS! I guess I could find some things to complain about but I’d rather just ride and smile... of course, a big part of that smile is due to me being on a MotoTrax last year- that thing was $hit!

Dont get me wrong! The Yeti is a great kit! I wouldnt shell out the $$$$$ if it wasnt. But for that coin I expect a higher level of perfection, and CAMSO hasnt done the job that C3 did IMHO

ravenous

Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2013
We have no Yetis in our area. This has been Timbersled and now increasingly Camso territory. So I have to ask, are the problems with the newest Yetis because of the Camso buyout, or are they leftover problems from C3 that haven't been fixed yet? I get the sense that Yeti owners were a loyal bunch that didn't talk too much about their problems. I'm not asking about customer service,because from what has been said it doesn't sound great, but was it a perfect machine before Camso bought it?

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
C3 had some growing pains, but Yeti under C3 and Jamie took care of all issues.

So yeah, i was a loyal Yeti customer.

Same goes for Mark and CMX.

A
Jan 15, 2010
Sherwood Park AB
Yeti had issues while owned by C3 for sure but the level of effort and the style of customer relations that Jamie and his crew showed while resolving these issues was unbelievable. Loyal customers are not just loyal for the hell of it. It is a byproduct of customers loving the product and recognizing the efforts the supplier is putting in to resolve any issues if they arise. That service level rarely exists anymore and customers are more willing to work with the supplier without tarnishing them.

The Camso deal is an odd case for sure. I have been involved in 3 acquisitions and they can be messy for sure but Camso simply dropped the ball here.

At the Edmonton snowmobile show kit manufacturers were well represented except Yeti. Even the Camso reps at their booth had very little knowledge of the product and were quite reluctant to discuss anything about them in detail. They almost seemed to talk about the line as the red headed step child they got stuck with when they had the DTS as their prised child. It was odd to say the least and many others I talked to found it to be the same. I realize that the acquisition happened only weeks before the show but I knew my kit inside and out 8 hours after having it at home. How hard would it been to have 1 representative boned up on this product to represent it? Fail

1 month after the acquisition, some dealers were not even aware of their status as a dealer anymore. Your retailers are your local face. When dealers are asked questions about the path forward of your product you best have a script set up for them and have this relayed to your dealer network. This amount of delay is unacceptable and very damaging. Fail

I had a complete rodeo dealing with them and if not for Darryl at Argyll finally making something happen I was ready to fire sale the thing and go CMX. I have broken a few things since and it seems to be better and will hopefully continue.

I expect no refund, discount or special treatment even though I lost out on a few trips due to their poor organization. What I do expect is the same level of service that they provide for their DTS line, and some of the other manufacturers provide. If this is mot corrected for next year I know where my vote will be going. My money will be heading state side.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Assaultn, your absolutely right about the CS when C3 was running the show. Made a difference to me. I doubt they continue the customer loyalty upgrade program as well.

L
Feb 24, 2018

Me too!! Big and heavy, but a hell of a lot of fun...

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Not sure what the point is boys?? We all had the big, heavy, clunky, TS kits at some point.

And yes, they are fun! But they break and have design flaws as well, just dont cost an arm and a first born!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I would have bought a Yeti from C3 / Kevin. Now that they are a Camso division, they are no longer on my wish list.

I had a good working relationship with Kevin, now that that no longer exists, neither does Yeti IMO. Sad Day!

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I hear ya , great guy , but unfortunately money talks . Good for those guys though and hope they still keep coming out with quality products . It's becoming obvious that there are more wanting a turn key and not a kit so maybe they seen the writing on the wall too .

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Yea C3 we need a carbon chassis turnkey that we can put our own 800R in! Well that would work great for me anyway. Or a 690 KTM motor if that works for you.:face-icon-small-win

A
Jan 15, 2010
Sherwood Park AB
I would love to see something like that. Those guys would have the skills to make it happen too but I'm guessing all that were involved in the sale of yeti are tied up real tight with non compete/solicate agreements that would prevent them from being able to produce a competitive products for some time. Again, just speculation but camso would have been crazy to cut a cheque and not have those boys tied up rock solid.

Last edited:

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
And? what if we provide the Yeti kits to mount to it? Ill use my 17 137 since, well you know

Premium Features