• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 M1000 broken running board

R
Jan 31, 2008
SouthEastern Idaho
I apparently hit something today and broke my running board, the surprising thing was it must not have been that hard of a hit because I can't think of when it might have happened. I just went to clean them off and noticed a hole.

What is the best way to fix something like this?

100_3081.jpg

A
Oct 8, 2009
eagle river, AK
I cant think of the name of the guy but their is a set of running board inserts that trim that section of the pattern out all the way down the running board and put their insert over the top if memory serves me correctly. Im sure someone will chime in with his name

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
They're about the same, adds a TOUCH of stiffness.

In looking for the stiffest ones, it seemed to me that WRP makes the stiffest boards. The powdercoating on them actually comes CLOSE to the snow shedding capability of the older fastlane boards. Plastic will always shed the best though.

btw, ANY of them will break or bend with a good hit, but I'd think the fastlanes would likely be the most resistant to breakage from a hut from below?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I have the fastlane no snos on my M8 and stock boards on my M1K. In reality every board collects a ton of snow and ice if you ride hard/long enough in deep pow. I feel like I kick just as much on both my sleds. I've seen/tried them all pretty much minus the skinz airframe boards which look sweet as hell, but $$$. I needed to put the fastlane outer edge plastic rails on my M8 in conjunction with the foot boards because without I was getting massive ice buildup on the outer edge, cause it was slightly recessed. Bad enough so where it would be almost impossible to kick off and super slippery. It's much better with the outer edge being higher than the footboard. Throttle up's boards are thinner than the fastlanes and just as strong. I bet the edge on those is still higher than the board.

I hit my stock boards with about the same damage as I see in your pics. Tig welded it back up and all was good after that. Cheap fix.

C

camocat1000

Jan 30, 2010
Buffalo,MN
I put the Better Boards on my sled with the coating on them so the snow doesn't stick I really like them but they were a lot of work to put on...totally worth it.

Premium Features