• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone opt for Mototrax 2017 updates?

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
Well I’m installing the updates they sent me, all of which are standard equipment on the 18 models. most are self explanatory and good parts, but they didn’t provide any instructions at all and I’m scratching my head on a few points. Most crucial is the front racer yoke thing that controls the rails from wandering out of the track. This part pivots at the back along the same shaft that the shock uses. So the yoke needs to pivot a little there, but the bolts don’t have a provision to get tight before they will start binding the parts and/or crushing stuff. I can douse them in locktite but I will be amazed if the bolts don’t wander off the bike while riding. Anyone have experience with these parts? I’d post a pic but my iPad doesn’t seem to allow resizing to allowed limits.

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
Mototrax

I've had the yoke on my 17 enduro for 1.5 years. Maybe things have changed but , mine had little plastic bushings that fit in the yoke and on the through bolt that connects the shock to the motolink. I thought the yoke and bushings were narrow enough to allow the bolt ears on the motolink to be bent or broken off if the through bolt was tighten to spec. The yoke and bushings did not fit tight between the shock and ears of the motolink which allowed the ears to be pulled inward when the bolt was tightened. I talked to mototrax about that issue and maybe they made new stuff tighter. I ended up making copper bushings that were tighter as the plastic ones lasted about 30-40 hours. For those hours I did not torque the shock/motolink through bolt very tight. Also, if not there, drill and install grease fittings on each side of the female portion of the male female joint as aluminum on aluminum wears quickly without grease. That joint is under considerable stress and in constant movement. Good luck

T
Nov 1, 2011
Kingston, Idaho
I had one of the prototype front yolks with the plastic bushings. They did not last and needed to be replaced on the second ride. Also, the aluminum on aluminum joint seized up and was not functional. Luckily, I live near enough to the Moto Trax headquarters that I took my parts to them and they replaced everything with the pre-production (at the time) 2018 yolk that had a slide bushing on it and tougher bushings on the shock bolt end. That set-up worked well for the remainder of the 2017-2018 season and all of last year. Still have not gotten the replacement parts for the rear A-arm spring/slide thingy. The new elastomer part seems legit.

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
I had one of the prototype front yolks with the plastic bushings. They did not last and needed to be replaced on the second ride. Also, the aluminum on aluminum joint seized up and was not functional. Luckily, I live near enough to the Moto Trax headquarters that I took my parts to them and they replaced everything with the pre-production (at the time) 2018 yolk that had a slide bushing on it and tougher bushings on the shock bolt end. That set-up worked well for the remainder of the 2017-2018 season and all of last year. Still have not gotten the replacement parts for the rear A-arm spring/slide thingy. The new elastomer part seems legit.

So how did you go about tightening the rear bolts on the yoke? I believe this bolt should be very tight to prevent the aluminum from hammering itself to dust, but if it’s that tight the bushings in the yoke will crush, and the yoke will not be able to pivot as needed. I guess im going to remove the yoke and replace the plastic bushings with “something” else. Maybe a shoulder bolt.

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
I've had the yoke on my 17 enduro for 1.5 years. Maybe things have changed but , mine had little plastic bushings that fit in the yoke and on the through bolt that connects the shock to the motolink. I thought the yoke and bushings were narrow enough to allow the bolt ears on the motolink to be bent or broken off if the through bolt was tighten to spec. The yoke and bushings did not fit tight between the shock and ears of the motolink which allowed the ears to be pulled inward when the bolt was tightened. I talked to mototrax about that issue and maybe they made new stuff tighter. I ended up making copper bushings that were tighter as the plastic ones lasted about 30-40 hours. For those hours I did not torque the shock/motolink through bolt very tight. Also, if not there, drill and install grease fittings on each side of the female portion of the male female joint as aluminum on aluminum wears quickly without grease. That joint is under considerable stress and in constant movement. Good luck
If I understand you they have updated that female part to have some lubed up bushing thing on it.

O
Feb 23, 2017
Grease fitting in yoke where it slides in and out. Look at there web site you will see it. Ran yoke all last season no issues 80hrs. 6 rides on EDS last season (replaces spring) no issues.

Premium Features