• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MOTORFIST STOMPER BOOT

B

badapple

Jan 16, 2009
WEST SIDE
Searched the review forum for info but nada.

Anyone have a pair or know someone who does?
The slim design looks like an advantage over the Klim, HMK.

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
Searched the review forum for info but nada.

Anyone have a pair or know someone who does?
The slim design looks like an advantage over the Klim, HMK.

there aren't going to be any real user reviews till we get snow since they were just just released

H

Heypal

Nov 26, 2007
Paynesville, MN
I am looking at this boot as well. I tried a pair on at Haydays and they fit great. I like the fact that they do not have the Napolean Dynamite appearance of the Klim's.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
My feet sweat big time, I am going to buy a pair, if I can get a gauarntee that I can return them if they don't keep my feet dry.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
I picked up a pair at Haydays. I tried on a bunch of different pairs of boots and these fit me the best. I like the look of them & they have replaceable soles, so that could come in handy as I'm pretty rough on my soles. We'll see.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I haven't enjoyed my old Radiums the last couple years that I bought 2004.

So this was my year to get new boots. I planned on it...Then Motorfist announced the Stomper of the summer.

My plan is to be in a set when they are available.

Last edited:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
TurboMatt how is the fit? They look just like a set of work boots. I have a set of Klim boots and I don't like how hard they are to get tight. The lacing doesn't work very well if you want a tight fit like me. I really like the replaceable soles as my Klim boots soles are just chewed up after 15-20 days riding and I don't think they will make it ten more days.

B

badapple

Jan 16, 2009
WEST SIDE
TurboMatt how is the fit? They look just like a set of work boots. I have a set of Klim boots and I don't like how hard they are to get tight. The lacing doesn't work very well if you want a tight fit like me. I really like the replaceable soles as my Klim boots soles are just chewed up after 15-20 days riding and I don't think they will make it ten more days.

I could never get the Adrenaline GTX tight enough, thats pretty much why
never bought a pair. I think its a combination of the lacing material and the steel eyelets?? I too like my boots as tight as possible! I tried the HMK pro Boa..they didnt give me much support. Felt like a rubber rain boot!

H

H.I. McDunna

Dec 18, 2007
The Stomper has "snake" laces. The laces bind on each other as you tighten them. They aren't "slick" and work themselves loose. If that makes sense. You can really bind them down.

The are like a work boot, but on steroids! The materials are beefy and the sole IMO is the toughest yet flexible enough you can hike in it. I think the sole will last longer than anyone else's.

You really just need to see the boots and try them on. If you see and try them on....you will see.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Thanks Badapple, I was leaning too that HMK Pro Boa but now that is off the list too. I hope to get a chance to try on boots for fit and feel at the Puyallup Snow Show in a couple weeks but I think it's going to be the Stomper.

H

H.I. McDunna

Dec 18, 2007
The boots have the same insulation as some of the boots listed here. The boot is for active riders. I think the old "moon boot' style boots will add some more "warmth" just because they are thicker even though both the Stomper and the say Klim boot have the same insulation for example. But I think the difference will be slim. This boot is for those who get with it on the hill or the trail. If you want a moon boot....you know where to find them.

C

ChillyKen

Oct 13, 2011
Bend, Oregon
I bought a pair of these today. No snow yet; so I don't really have anything much to add other than they are really comfortable, well made, and not too stiff. I'm told that the "E-vent" works even better than Gortex. I tend to sweat alot so they claim that it is the most sweat free boot made. We'll see!

Haha......Napolean Dynamite boots! :)

jgd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Becker, MN
For those with Klim boot experience; How's the sizing on these compared to the Klim boots? For example does a size 11 Klim = 'Fist size 11? The Stompers aren't sold locally... Thanks

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
They had stock at the snow shows...you would think they are already shipping?

just checked their site and it says....in stock and shipping NOW

Last edited:

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
For those with Klim boot experience; How's the sizing on these compared to the Klim boots? For example does a size 11 Klim = 'Fist size 11? The Stompers aren't sold locally... Thanks

they seem fairly true to size. I usually wear a 10 but am going with the 11's just to have the extra wiggle room for a bit heaveir socks than my everyday type socks.

Premium Features