• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sledding or Water Skiing?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I chose sledding this May 30th. Our endless winter continues!! Had a great storm blow through NE Nevada the last couple days. A good friend called after the clouds cleared late in the day, we made a late afternoon run up Lamoille Canyon and found some outstanding conditions. Thought I'd share a few pictures. It sure is fun having a great mountain in your backyard, we may be riding into July by the looks of the snow depth at roads end. :face-icon-small-hap

MemDay1.jpg

MemDay5.jpg

MemDay3.jpg

MemDay7.jpg

MemDay2.jpg

MemDay6.jpg

Last edited:

HammsRMK

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2008
Central ND
what are the air temps when you guys ride in late may and june, and maybe this year july?

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
I think you should go for both. one for sledding in the morning and water skiing in the late afternoon. that would be awesome.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I have done both in one day in years past, I think this year will be another. Air temps for summer snowmobiling are typically 40's in the morning and 55 to 65 around noon. If you ride an old school sled like I do you, you need to jet down a size or two in the spring and run hoodless to keep belt temps down. Should be another fun ride this weekend, it's been snowing the last couple days again.
:face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-coo Love that springtime snow, you can ride most anywhere snow sticks on the mountain.

Premium Features