• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best place to buy gear?

N
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Ak
HA HA HA he said "reasonably priced good gear" :eek:..... The sled mfg's offer pretty good gear. I like Klim its expensive but will prolly out last your sled. Look for gortex, also look for some kind of tech vest for chest and back protection, avalanche beakon, shovel and probe. Alaska mining & diving, or CC ski doo for Klim. I don't know who carrys Riema but its supposed to be pretty good as well. :beer;:beer;

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
Klim is good gear, but more overpriced than the sleds themselves. Id stop in at sports authority or something, get some thinner style bibs with good knee reinforcement, get a decent ski or snowboarding jacket and a baclava, then pick out a pack in the same store. I believe Sports authority carries Dakine packs . Id hit up a dealership for gloves and boots or order them online. HMK is good along with KLIM for boots. Get a thinner glove for good feel on the bars if possible and get yourself a moto helmet with a breath deflector a few pair of good double lens goggles with a variation of lens colors.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
one good thing about most of the factory gear..it carries a very good warranty...belaclave wise..I use turtlefur brand..even soaking wet or froze solid ..its warm...go pro by the lake otis post office sells hmk..and others..I use all polaris gortex..is 7 yrs old on bibs and coat..still work great..if you get thin gloves..get gauntlets..you can put them on when your hands get cold..gear wise..I think the better you buy..the more enjoyable your ride and the safer you will be when things go wrong....try to find stuff with good venting..it helps..also quality base layers..I use polarfleece..at least 3 layers..also sock wise I use smartwool..good stuff....I get mine from rei..the tree huggin place...always make sure to tell em its for snowmachining and trapping..lol..do not wear cotton ..it can kill you.......

S
Jan 31, 2008
peters creek AK
try online as well, there are some great clearances going on right now. I got a polaris vert. assault jacket last week for 89 dollars, 12 bucks for 2nd day ups!!!:eek: no joke on the shipping that was at buypurepolaris dot com

D
Jan 30, 2008
ANC, AK
www.myspcace.com
Donkeygear; In Fairbanks, Next To Geek City Near Taco King, Play Again Sports.. Have A Decent Selection And Its A New Store Trying To Make Its Mark..

Another Is In The Diamond Mall. Its Over By The Ice Skating Rink Tucked In A Corner And Has A Pretty Good Slection Of Things Too. Its Another New Shop.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
I love my Klim gear, you are right that it will outlast any sled that I have owned. Keeps me warm and dry, but you get what you pay for. Klim is pretty damn expensive. I know some of the guys ride the Rema gear or HMK but it seems to hold up as well.

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
Klim is great gear ~ easy on easy off, flexible, stylish, keeps you dry, keeps you warm, built in gators, lots of pockets, and reflective material.

Marita Sea & Ski AKA Ak Power Sports in Anchorage had their Klim gear on sale for 30% off. Great buy for the $$.

As MyToys said; you get what you pay for.

But that's my own .02c

Last edited:
A
Nov 23, 2006
Anchorage
I know its not everyones fav, but Marita has Klim gear at 30% off sale going on at the moment.

Hes right, they are having a smoking deal on new Klim gear. You really cant beat Klim gear and at 30% off you really cant go wrong. With the 30% off it has the same price tag as "most" snowmobiling gear. GO KLIM and you will never go back. Just look at this year's Iron Dog, it looks like a Klim modeling show out there !!

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
ANchorage yamaha is selling klim gear this year, they got all their 09 in yesturday and will have it on display in a day or two.

R
Nov 26, 2007
Wait until the snow show at the sullivan. Gear is going to be on the cheap.... HMK will be discounted huge. I have a buddy that has been talking to the dealer in Anchorage and they are hooking him up bigtime at the show....

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
If you're not hung up on top name riding gear you can find good deals on decent brand name beater gear at Value Village. I picked up some O.R. snow bibs there for $25 and a couple of mid weight Columbia jackets good for riding.

My riding bibs came from Burlington Coat Factory. Red Ledge with reinforced knees and seat $35.

One stop AND ecomomical? Prolly not

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
Klim, bar none! Anything else is a waste of $. Sure you might save a few frogskins, but you will end up buying it later. Hear Anchorage Yammi is selling it now, awesome gear and great place 2 buy! :beer;

C
Dec 30, 2007
I figured my best bet would be the snow show, but I'll be at work during that timeframe. When I get into town, I'll check out Yamaha.

Thanks for the help!

Premium Features