• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tree cutting permits....

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
After a comment from someone last week about "feeling sorry for the trees", due to one of my riding (or stopped) pictures displaying me wrapped up in one, I had a thought.... How many trees are cut down each year so that people can decorate them for the holidays and then throw them away? Seriously... I'm a bad person for dinging one, but what about this single use holiday where trees are sacrificed for our enjoyment? So I put out a request for numbers and here's what I've received for Washington & Oregon, 46,835 permits were sold from October 1st to December 31st of 2011.

That's alot of trees........... and I'm the one killing the environment? :devil:

So next time a tree hugger says something about us killing trees, maybe ask them if they had a live tree for xmas??

attachment.php

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
M
Oct 31, 2010
Bozeman MT
A few years ogo pur sowmobile club meeting was going and one of our guys came in and said there was a greenie was having a slide show ,so we crashed their party to the point there was a few of them and a bunch of us. Heated to say the least.One of them brought up how we destroy trees and a young female snowmobiler stood up ,raised her hand and polite as pie said "have you ever seen a snowmobile hit a tree? The snowmobile usually gets wrecked! and besides if the trees are small enough to not wreck something they just POP back up" That was the end of that conversation. At the end of the meeting we had the chance to express our views to a young lady from back east and by the end she was agreeing to go for a ride with a couple locals that started Citizens for balanced use (CBU). Unfortunatly the founder and best advocate Ive ever known died in an avalanche doing what he loved. But Ill bet hes still smiling about that one. His name was Kirk Hewitt and his ability to sway a conversation was inspiring!!!!!

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
You should see how many trees get burned as firewood in McCall in a year. We cut about 8 full cords for our ONE house. Every day back in the woods you see the commercial sellers coming out with a truckload. Plus this is and has been a HUGE logging area. No shortage of trees around here! I didn't even realize that all the trails we were wheeling on with the Excursion all summer were actually old logging roads. One around the top of every single hill/peak. No shortage of trees around those roads either.
Bunny buggerers suck. I love the dirty looks from snowshoers and skiers when we come up on a snowmobile trail that THEY are using. We should all make a deal with granolas: We won't touch a ski or snowshoe track as long as we never see their tracks on the trails that WE make in the snow!

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
The tree is a renewable resource and the greenies cant get that figured out or dont care it is really about what they want not what we want. Do as I say not as I do,They Also Live in Homes made OF WOOD! DUMB PEOPLE!! IMOP OH ya ask them what they wipe with too TIOLET PAPER OH WOOD. DUMB.My family has worked in the pulp mills in Vermont for years. Paper and Wood are all renewable resources.:face-icon-small-fro

Premium Features