• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker Feedback

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
Nice:face-icon-small-coo... that is gonna be sweet all around mountain sled... Did Erik say how much boost you can get away with on 50/50 AV/91? I was planning on running 10lbs would be nice to only have to run 50/50 instead of straight AV

I think 8lbs is about max without running intercooler...I will probably have it at 7-7.5 on most days

I wanted to get use to the added power before turning it up to much, I rode a BD kit on 12lbs and it was a hand full to say the least

I think the 50/50 is more for fuel mileage as weird as that sounds on a mountain sled made for boondocking, the straight 91 would only get about 30-40miles in a tank...mixed with get around 60...just depending on snow conditions...I figure if its deep fresh I would blow through a tank by noon anyway hehe

Last edited:
E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
I actually used less fuel after turbo'ing.
I am suprised with Boston Racing in your new home town why you wouldn't hook up with there crew to turbo and ride with them.

Boondocker just had a couple extra features I wanted, Boston Racing has been great to deal with on parts and I hope to continue to use them as a source

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho
I spent a lot of time on BD tuned Pro's last winter. There are nine turboed Pro's that I consistently ride with. The only issue I witnessed all year were blown drive belts, which isn't a BD issue. I saw stock sleds go through just as many drive belts. I've rode BD Pro's from 7lbs on pump fuel to 12 lbs with a 50/50 blend and all of them were spot on. I spent time riding with the BD crew as well as they are constantly on the snow. They even have a sweet kit on the new XM. I rode Jared's personal sled with the intake routed through the stock location. I works very well.

Don't question a BD purchase. They are top notch.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
I loved my BD turbo last year. Never touched the box. Only played with boost. LOVE the EBC. I ran around 13# at 10000 ft on straight Avgas. Will see how indy dan's LRTM likes boost this winter.

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
I loved my BD turbo last year. Never touched the box. Only played with boost. LOVE the EBC. I ran around 13# at 10000 ft on straight Avgas. Will see how indy dan's LRTM likes boost this winter.

Nice, I plan on doing Dan's long rod at the end of year. For the miles I have on it right now, Its not worth it...but after talking to Dan I think you'll love it:face-icon-small-ton

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
What do I need to order? Seems many options not sure what I need.

2860 or 2860gtx or 2863gtx?
Air to air or air to water intercooler?
Fixed waste gate, adjustable waste gate or tial?

Depending on options there is a couple grand diff.

5000-7000ft revelstoke, 50/50 boondocking and hill climbing.

Last edited:

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
What do I need to order? Seems many options not sure what I need.

2860 or 2860gtx or 2863gtx?
Air to air or air to water intercooler?
Fixed waste gate, adjustable waste gate or tial?

Depending on options there is a couple grand diff.

5000-7000ft revelstoke, 50/50 boondocking and hill climbing.

All depends on what you want and how much you want to spend... That is whats nice about BD IMO they give you the option to go from a mild to wild turbo kit. If you click on each option it kinda gives a description on what it does better. Maybe even give them or a BD dealer a call and pick there brain.

If I were you and had the money riding in Revy I would get all the bells and whistles since you guys are riding in 3ft of powder every day:face-icon-small-coo

2014xm

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
If you want a real kit go with the boost it kit better than the boondocker kit by far.

C
Dec 18, 2007
Cranbrook BC
2013 Le pro with 2863 intercooled kit. Ran 13psi on c12 last year over 2000 miles. Only bad was a crap polaris fuel pump at 1500 miles. I love my sled! Bd did a great job!

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I had a chance to ride with Jared a few times last year. His sled ran so well. The XM kit they had for a demo sled also ran perfectly. They let anyone ride their stuff so you know it gets beat on pretty good. Those guys are tree riders too. They know that throttle response and rideability are more important than max power at full throttle and it shows. I read a lot of negative comments on SW about Boonedocker too but my personal experience has been awesome.

M

Mr. Redrock

Nov 26, 2007
I did the 2860 tial with intercooler. Had a few small hiccups with the numbers I put in the box and a cracked muffler .
I still have a ****ty grin on my face!! So much fun and awesome throttle response . Better fuel milage than stock also.
I will quit ridding before I go back ridding without a turbo. It's like cheating :)

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
Decided to do Indy Dan's Long Rod Torque Master engine awhile back to add long term reliability and more snort off the bottom. Just got the call tonight saying its done.:face-icon-small-coo

Next stop Vohk!

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Decided to do Indy Dan's Long Rod Torque Master engine awhile back to add long term reliability and more snort off the bottom. Just got the call tonight saying its done.:face-icon-small-coo

Next stop Vohk!

You suppose to gain much hp with Indy Dan's motor, or just reliability? Does he make a turbo specific head?

Premium Features