• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tuning in the Vipec on Skadi's sled

Status
Not open for further replies.

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
Im like a principal at a local grade school,the door is always open.Call anytime :face-icon-small-hap

That's good to hear since the last time I was in an educational institution for an extended period of time the majority of it WAS spent in the principals office. In my defense she was a hottie. LOL!

Yeah Skadi this is the second time now. Good luck findin your gremlin. I know what a pain they can be and if the vipec offers ANY help at all narrowing it down that is better than most....

GOOD LUCK and KEEP POSTING!!!!

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
judge for yourself !! may tell your little birdy to come have is tinny as$ kicked from a 5.5lbs pro on pump gas on top of a chute at 88mph track speed and if not enough, on a 3 mile strech half throttle( he will melt is engine!!)
seriously, we could not be happier !! sleds ran like champs all week-end and on my personal sled, same tune than sea level just diffrent clutching. if you want to have real opinion call Bill ( this guy climbed with my sled at 5.5lbs on pump gas some incredible chutes!!) at the antlers lodge or Bud at fastraxx(union bay).....:face-icon-small-hap or shane hart from hm turbos (we have spent a day tuning his kit 9lbs boost on pump gas)

You do know that by hitting the max speed on the stock gauge that's not really giving you your true track speed right? I can see you hitting 88 mph max track speed on that kind of snow, but don't try to claim you are getting that kind of track speed on 5.5 lbs of boost on a pro. Just isn't happening. Find some real snow and watch your speedo, not your max recall. Just an FYI.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
88 mph???. Huh. Best turbo ever.

I will make you a deal right now, I will buy two of your boxs if you can get my sled to pull that kind of track speed. I'll even settle for 80 mph @ 5.5lbs.

My turboed M1000 at 10psi didnt even come close to 88 mph.

R

R_8_N

Nov 28, 2007
Don't jump the gun guys. Yes her sled went down. Still to figure out why. I pulled the head was all last night. I'm gonna tear it down more to find out how bad it is. We have been fighting some electrical issues and the sleds got over 2000 miles now with original pistons. Many things to consider still.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
Don't jump the gun guys. Yes her sled went down. Still to figure out why. I pulled the head was all last night. I'm gonna tear it down more to find out how bad it is. We have been fighting some electrical issues and the sleds got over 2000 miles now with original pistons. Many things to consider still.

So you have the head off, what do you see? Is the piston damaged on the face? I'm not pointing fingers, just curious.
Please post pics, I'm sure everyone is very anxious to see.

Last edited:
S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
yup, not pointing fingers at ANYONE involved in this build and there were a LOT of us! This electrical issue is a serious consideration as well as the fact that this turbo has nearly 1000 miles on it with a ROOKIE TUNER!! Long before I got the vi-pec on it I could have done damage by not having my tune correct. Keep in mind, I've been running this kit since last season and we've put her through the wringer!

My season may be over or this build may be too much for me to tackle again but in no way do I think it was any one person's fault! (And believe me, I'm snotty enough to point a finger if I had one to point! hehehehehe!)

And if the damage is VERY minimal once D gets a full tear down we might see about rebuilding it. I dunno though, if the cylinders need ANY work we're weeks out which means I'm up against the wall with the season being done...

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
yup, not pointing fingers at ANYONE involved in this build and there were a LOT of us! This electrical issue is a serious consideration as well as the fact that this turbo has nearly 1000 miles on it with a ROOKIE TUNER!! Long before I got the vi-pec on it I could have done damage by not having my tune correct. Keep in mind, I've been running this kit since last season and we've put her through the wringer!

My season may be over or this build may be too much for me to tackle again but in no way do I think it was any one person's fault! (And believe me, I'm snotty enough to point a finger if I had one to point! hehehehehe!)

And if the damage is VERY minimal once D gets a full tear down we might see about rebuilding it. I dunno though, if the cylinders need ANY work we're weeks out which means I'm up against the wall with the season being done...

Would that ROOKIE TUNER be the one I read about on Precision EFI's Facebook....http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/PRECISION-EFI/205685969489621

Cody Phillipsposted toPRECISION E.F.I.
February 5

It's amazing the people that you've allowed to be dealers for your "exclusive" box at this point. You've got a bunch of idiots out there that have absolutely no knowledge of tuning sleds/cars/anything on standalone systems.  You've should've had the "dealers" pass some sort of criteria before they could become "dealers". But you'll find that out eventually. Now you've got customers to the "dealers" that have quadruple the knowledge of your "dealers"

Last edited:
S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
The Rookie tuner is ME!! With the dobek. I got that sled and hit the road with it. I didn't even have ANYONE in the riding group I was with who had a dobek system on my first trip to Canada. D couldn't go with me so I was on my own. Felt bad for the guy filming me cause it would honestly take me about an hour to tune my sled in before each pull! hahahhahahaha

The support we got from Vi-pec was actually top notch! Sebastian is VERY knowledgeable and he worked with us directly on tuning in the vi-pec.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
This sounds like you EM.
picture.php

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
Thanks Randy!! No use stayin' down!! ;)

Quick update: I will know more tonight after D takes a peek at the bottom end and the turbo. If it's just the top end we might move fwd with a rebuild. However, it could be bottom end damage and turbo damage which means I'm just outta budget and gonna have to move away from the turbo world!

More tonight with my decision!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features