• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cast/camber/alignment

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
What should I buy from Home Depot to help me set my cast/camber after installing aftermarket A-Arms? Running to get some material for a different project and thought I heard something about a steel Rod etc to measure off.
Tia

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Easiest way for me to do my camber was 2 equal lengths of 5/8" (I think) shafting inserted into the spindles towards the inside and a straight edge laid across the top of them (used some 1/4" shafting for that). Measure and use trig.
The world is a triangle lol.

Don't believe you can change castor unless you hit a tree.

With alignment, first thing you have to do is make sure your handle bars are square to the chassis. Measure from bar ends to chassis bolts (like the lower upper structure bolts) and secure in position with some tie-downs or something. Or,,, you will come back and adjust a different rod after your first ride to straighten your bars lol.
Angle iron long enough for alignment is OK but I like string 'cause it's lighter. Wrap around the back of the skid and pull lengths up both sides and through the track windows 'til past the skis. Tie each to a good brick and pull tight keeping the string just touching the bottom edge of the rail sliders on both sides (important only 'cause all tracks are not created equal nor properly adjusted).
Measure distance to each ski at the back first and make equal then turn both tie rods equally to get your toe,,,out (keeping an eye on the back measurements 'cause those little burgers will move on ya). Snug stuff up and apply a drip or two of penetrating grade loctite.

And then get out for a ride already.

Q
Mar 11, 2011
Olds
Easiest way for me to do my camber was 2 equal lengths of 5/8" (I think) shafting inserted into the spindles towards the inside and a straight edge laid across the top of them (used some 1/4" shafting for that). Measure and use trig.
The world is a triangle lol.

Don't believe you can change castor unless you hit a tree.

With alignment, first thing you have to do is make sure your handle bars are square to the chassis. Measure from bar ends to chassis bolts (like the lower upper structure bolts) and secure in position with some tie-downs or something. Or,,, you will come back and adjust a different rod after your first ride to straighten your bars lol.
Angle iron long enough for alignment is OK but I like string 'cause it's lighter. Wrap around the back of the skid and pull lengths up both sides and through the track windows 'til past the skis. Tie each to a good brick and pull tight keeping the string just touching the bottom edge of the rail sliders on both sides (important only 'cause all tracks are not created equal nor properly adjusted).
Measure distance to each ski at the back first and make equal then turn both tie rods equally to get your toe,,,out (keeping an eye on the back measurements 'cause those little burgers will move on ya). Snug stuff up and apply a drip or two of penetrating grade loctite.

And then get out for a ride already.

BAHAHAHA!!

Premium Features