• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ice Age Stryker A Arms

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
Anyone running the Ice age Stryker a arms? Looking at getting an aftermarket set to run and keeping the stock set in the trailer as a backup set. Curious what others have thought of them compared to say alternative impact a arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

R
Sep 30, 2021
Washington
I just bought the Stryer arms but have not installed yet. I am waiting for more snow because I don't want to brake one, they aren't exactly cheap and am not sure if you can buy individuals. My other sled has alternative impact and have lots of wonderful things I can say about them. Aside from the fact that Dan Alt seems to have an endless supply. If I had alternative impact on my matryx I would definitely be having more fun right now because the cost of braking arms or joints is not major so it's full send stump busting fun. The main reason I decided to change it up to the Stryker arms is that I like the cleaner look and it seems like they will be a more precise and tight fit with less moving parts and components.

T
Oct 16, 2017
I have them installed. Couple of points for you guys - on replacement parts, ice age apparently keeps a bunch on hand even when they are “sold out” for new orders to be able to service their customers.

The second point, having installed these things, any presumed “ease of swapping” to stock a arms is bullshit. You have to press the stock bushings out of the lower shock eyelet as ice age uses a completely different mounting solution. This was a pita and required a table vice for me, which I don’t have access to on the road. Even if you did, you’d be pulling the arms and shock completely off, swapping all the hardware back to stock, just to reswap later in the week.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Ive installed, had no problem swapping over with a socket and mallet vs press. little bit of a pain but that power shaft vs OEM style adds a lot of strength to the arm. Big reason why it was done that way.

Got a set sitting waiting for my new boost.... whenever that shows up! lol

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have them installed. Couple of points for you guys - on replacement parts, ice age apparently keeps a bunch on hand even when they are “sold out” for new orders to be able to service their customers.

The second point, having installed these things, any presumed “ease of swapping” to stock a arms is bullshit. You have to press the stock bushings out of the lower shock eyelet as ice age uses a completely different mounting solution. This was a pita and required a table vice for me, which I don’t have access to on the road. Even if you did, you’d be pulling the arms and shock completely off, swapping all the hardware back to stock, just to reswap later in the week.
BPWR a arms are direct swap with oem……. Fyi. ?

I just bought the Stryer arms but have not installed yet. I am waiting for more snow because I don't want to brake one, they aren't exactly cheap and am not sure if you can buy individuals. My other sled has alternative impact and have lots of wonderful things I can say about them. Aside from the fact that Dan Alt seems to have an endless supply. If I had alternative impact on my matryx I would definitely be having more fun right now because the cost of braking arms or joints is not major so it's full send stump busting fun. The main reason I decided to change it up to the Stryker arms is that I like the cleaner look and it seems like they will be a more precise and tight fit with less moving parts and components.
Curious when you say less moving parts on the AIternative Impact A-arms, did you have any issues with them? I just installed them on two of my sleds. The two threaded balls joints are the only extra parts. It's true that you have to count threads when installing and reset your ski stance but wondering if there is any other downside. Seems like a small price to pay for potentially saving an A-arm.

R
Sep 30, 2021
Washington
Curious when you say less moving parts on the AIternative Impact A-arms, did you have any issues with them? I just installed them on two of my sleds. The two threaded balls joints are the only extra parts. It's true that you have to count threads when installing and reset your ski stance but wondering if there is any other downside. Seems like a small price to pay for potentially saving an A-arm.
No there is no other downside, they are a great product and I have never heard any complaints about them. It never seemed like I had the front end aligned properly and I had to adjust the threads. I broke multiple arms and joints and am not sure there aren't other bent components in there. I was close to buying again but didn't want to deal with it. If the stryker arms don't impress me I will probably go back. After my battle torn beat to hell axys I wanted to have a nice looking sled for a couple months before the battle begins again.

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
Does anyone have a close up picture of how the shock attaches to the Stryker a arm? I can’t find a good picture showing it anywhere. I did find a picture of how the sway bar attaches to it.

jtpolaris

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ND
www.dirtracing17.com
Does anyone have a close up picture of how the shock attaches to the Stryker a arm? I can’t find a good picture showing it anywhere. I did find a picture of how the sway bar attaches to it.

I can get one tonight, they have a machined bracket similar to the bolt in mount for the aarm to the bulkhead

20220108_171624.jpg

Premium Features