• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 600 summit problem

P
Dec 21, 2007
Just got this new sled first ride was great put about 50 miles on it, a week later got about two miles up the trail yellow engine light comes on engine shuts down just letting me putt back to the truck .Lots of powder not over heating, turn off and wait five minutes can ride sled in the mid range fine but can't get on the power, engine shuts down. All fluids fine,batt fine, its a senser of some sort in the fuel injector but that's just a guess , work on two stroke dirt bikes and this sleds over my head way to much going on. Time to take it in ok but I'd sure like some opinions on what might be the problem,thanks.:confused:

The 600's have normally been rock solid except for the ring problem on the 04's. Normally it just pull and go. I was going to suggest a bad connection on your tether but it doesn't really sound like that. Could be the stator not putting out enough juice or something shorted like your heated grips. Check to see if you are getting 14V when it running crappy.

W
Dec 4, 2003
Northglenn,CO
The 600's have normally been rock solid except for the ring problem on the 04's. Normally it just pull and go. I was going to suggest a bad connection on your tether but it doesn't really sound like that. Could be the stator not putting out enough juice or something shorted like your heated grips. Check to see if you are getting 14V when it running crappy.

|I am having almost the same problem with my wife's sled. When the battery for the SDI is charged it runs great, but 2hours into a ride the battery goes down, the heatgrips do not work, and the sled backfires and runs like cr*p. I have taken it in for repairs, we'll see what is wrong.
I am suppose to get it back today.

Premium Features