• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2Moto Bikes-Sleds ???

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
F
Nov 26, 2007
Murray Utah
I looked at the 2MOTO sled bikes at the snowshow, but it never came to mind that you have to shift gears. My questions for anyone that has one or has ridden one are these : Can you easily shift with stiff boots ? Is it hard to transition from a snowmobile? Is the lack of fairing/ protection a factor on cold days? What conditions or situations have you encountered where a sled would have been preferred?

painterdrew

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
I have one on my KTM 525. Take off your shifter and move it up one notch or so. Works great. I wear Klim Adreneline Boots they work realy well.

Oh and one more thing. It is a absolute blast to ride!:D

T
Nov 27, 2007
Those things look so cool!! Who will be the first to put a turbo on one of these things? There is a lot of potential here, in weight savings alone. I ride my dirt bike with heavy boots on all summer, just had to move the shift lever a little when I first got my bike, seems to work okay.

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Those things look so cool!! Who will be the first to put a turbo on one of these things? There is a lot of potential here, in weight savings alone. I ride my dirt bike with heavy boots on all summer, just had to move the shift lever a little when I first got my bike, seems to work okay.

The Husaberg 650 is currently being fitted with an all new Aerodyne Turbo, and the RMZ 450 EFI will be boosted before it's even been fired up... it just needs to get here...

Shifting is just like on dirt- grab a gear and go-

BTW, if anyone want's to know how the 800 Snow Hawk doesn't against a 550 Husaberg RadiX, or against a YZF 450 RadiX, they've now been lined up at Crow's Nest in Canada, and in McCall. Let's just say it was not even fair for the SH...
It'll be even worse for them when we get to 65 horsepower. Or 80, or 100. Of course, it's hard to beat a horse that's dying it's own death
Blaser

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Pirate Argggggggggggggggggg

Maybe you should have Dirt Rider mail you another copy of that Oct. 2007 article you stared in Bret!:D

You know me, if something could get us more places than the Hawk, myself and forty+ other guys would jump ship in a heartbeat!

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Maybe you should have Dirt Rider mail you another copy of that Oct. 2007 article you stared in Bret!:D

You know me, if something could get us more places than the Hawk, myself and forty+ other guys would jump ship in a heartbeat!

Jump ship in a heartbeat? So much for your dedication to the Hawk??!!

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Glad to see you made it over here Blaser. Still hoping to get out to a demo ride some time this winter. I want to see how they jump. :D

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
whos doing the EFI managment system?
The RMZ that Blaser referred to is coming stock this year with an EFI. Blaser, if you want to experiment with a YZF Turbo RadiX let me know, I'm just the guy for the job :D

If you've got carbureted turbo tuning experience, let's talk. Otherwise, we'll see how the carbed 650 turns out, before we try another one. The EFI bikes will be a lot easier to tune...

R
Nov 27, 2007
Newport, WA
whos doing the EFI managment system?

If you've got carbureted turbo tuning experience, let's talk. Otherwise, we'll see how the carbed 650 turns out, before we try another one. The EFI bikes will be a lot easier to tune...

Send me the RadiX kit and the turbo... I'll learn to tune it! :D I agree with you, on a bike I think tuning a carb for a turbo would be... well cumbersome to say the least.

Premium Features