• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris RMK vs Pro RMK Shocks

I

intheheartofit

Feb 18, 2019
Had a search online and couldn't find this info. I broke both side of my 2015 RMK front torque arm a couple days ago. Thinking while waiting for the parts worth trying to get new shocks since have the stock ones and non rebuildable and the sled has 5k miles (and as far as I know never been changed).

Anyways looking to buy some used shocks, but can't find the info on what sleds shocks will fit a 2015 standard RMK. Will the Pro RMK Walker Evans fit? And what years? Anyone have a resource for finding shock fitment? Looking at part manuals didn't work for me. Do you just go by measurement when buying?

Also read that I should upgrade my springs to something heavier? Anyone recommend that or just do skid shocks for now? Looking for front shocks too, but focused on skid for now.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Had a search online and couldn't find this info. I broke both side of my 2015 RMK front torque arm a couple days ago. Thinking while waiting for the parts worth trying to get new shocks since have the stock ones and non rebuildable and the sled has 5k miles (and as far as I know never been changed).

Anyways looking to buy some used shocks, but can't find the info on what sleds shocks will fit a 2015 standard RMK. Will the Pro RMK Walker Evans fit? And what years? Anyone have a resource for finding shock fitment? Looking at part manuals didn't work for me. Do you just go by measurement when buying?

Also read that I should upgrade my springs to something heavier? Anyone recommend that or just do skid shocks for now? Looking for front shocks too, but focused on skid for now.
Skid shocks, all the 2011-2015 are interchangeable. Axys has one different length skid shock, forget which one, it was widely discussed in the snowest forums... Front shocks are another matter. 11-15 RMK not the same as PRO 2013-15 (13-15 Pro are shorter). 2011-2012 Pro and RMK are the same length. Assault are another matter completely, not as familiar with them, but wider ski stance and longer shocks in general. Axys 16-18 non-react front shocks are the same length as 13-15 Pro front shocks and interchange.
I think I got that right...

I

intheheartofit

Feb 18, 2019
Skid shocks, all the 2011-2015 are interchangeable. Axys has one different length skid shock, forget which one, it was widely discussed in the snowest forums... Front shocks are another matter. 11-15 RMK not the same as PRO 2013-15 (13-15 Pro are shorter). 2011-2012 Pro and RMK are the same length. Assault are another matter completely, not as familiar with them, but wider ski stance and longer shocks in general. Axys 16-18 non-react front shocks are the same length as 13-15 Pro front shocks and interchange.
I think I got that right...
Ok thanks, I'll screenshot this and keep it for when I'm looking online for used. Hopefully find something, doesn't sound like can even get new custom shocks this year.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Ok thanks, I'll screenshot this and keep it for when I'm looking online for used. Hopefully find something, doesn't sound like can even get new custom shocks this year.
Hope someone correct me if I am wrong on any of this LOL. But I believe I am correct... somewhere here on snowest forums is the info on rear shocks axys vs. pro-ride Pro RMK shocks (rear shocks are same length RMK and Pro, RMK are non-rebuildable and basically only adjustable for preload). Of course the Khaos is once again different (I think) and I have no idea on those, front or rear, haven't paid that much attention, too much chaos in my life already LOL

Premium Features