• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

90% TPS at WOT ?

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
Got a TRS clutch kit in the sled over the weekend and was looking at the cltuching screen on the PIDD ...

I noticed it only shows 90% TPS when I'm wide open... I'm running a muster throttle, its adjusted properly, there is no more cable pull when the throtttle is to the bar ... why am I only seeing 90% on the gauge ? Is there more power to be had if this is adjusted somehow ?

Another odd thing is my track speed .... I'm definitely moving faster than what my gauge shows (on the trail and while riding in pow)

and yes, I've already sent an email to Tony to sort out the high RPM ... whats the rev limiter on these things ?

IMG_2985.jpeg

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
Since the cable seems right I have had it when on really deep days the snow will build up and cause the lower TPS reading. Other then that maybe a dealer thing so they can hook it up to Digital Wrench

Upon secondary inspection ... it seems that I do have some throttle cable pull left in her !

I've got the munster throttle (which leaves no room for snow buildup!) ... throttle to the bar, and I can pull the cable that last 10% with pliers .. I had tested this earlier with just my hand ... time to go see Munster about this....

anyone else with a munster throttle and pidd ?? have a look at your clutching

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Upon secondary inspection ... it seems that I do have some throttle cable pull left in her !

I've got the munster throttle (which leaves no room for snow buildup!) ... throttle to the bar, and I can pull the cable that last 10% with pliers .. I had tested this earlier with just my hand ... time to go see Munster about this....

anyone else with a munster throttle and pidd ?? have a look at your clutching

It’s been common knowledge that the munster only pulls 90% throttle since they came out.

(I had one for 2 rides)

After replacing my frayed throttle cable (From the munster) I gladly went back to a throttle that gives full power.

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
Weird ... He makes top quality products and I haven't had any issues with his throttles on my skidoos or alpha

if this is a common issue he would be fixing it ... luckily his shop is 10 minutes down the road so i'll go pay him a visit !

I'm a big fan of the finger throttle ! even though I resisted it for so long ! once you get used to it there is no going back.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Weird ... He makes top quality products and I haven't had any issues with his throttles on my skidoos or alpha

if this is a common issue he would be fixing it ... luckily his shop is 10 minutes down the road so i'll go pay him a visit !

I'm a big fan of the finger throttle ! even though I resisted it for so long ! once you get used to it there is no going back.

please do. i cannot get full throttle with mine either. it is common knowledge that it doesn't allow full throttle on the polaris, especially the 850. also, it and the ferrule on the cable end take some massaging to keep the cable from binding.
ask him to put a barrel adjuster on it as well.

B
Nov 2, 2009
I did a check with mine and pidd said 99 percent on the tps. With a Munster. What I found was that the adjustment either was no free play at idle in fact idle was bumped a hair to get full throttle. No slack whatsoever in the cable - just a hair of tension pulling on the throttle bodies. No issues tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
I did a check with mine and pidd said 99 percent on the tps. With a Munster. What I found was that the adjustment either was no free play at idle in fact idle was bumped a hair to get full throttle. No slack whatsoever in the cable - just a hair of tension pulling on the throttle bodies. No issues tho.

That's good to know ... I put the thumb job back while I finish tuning my TRS clutching .. i'll switch back to the munster once im done messing with the clutching and see if i can get more tps out of it by running the adjuster a bit tighter and also seeing exactly how much different the last 10% makes ..... maybe its not even that much seeing as how freaking hard my sled rips at 90% ...

maybe its like my duramax ... where the go pedal doesn't really do much more at the end of the push ! lol

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
It’s been common knowledge that the munster only pulls 90% throttle since they came out.

(I had one for 2 rides)

After replacing my frayed throttle cable (From the munster) I gladly went back to a throttle that gives full power.

Exactly why I hate those things.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
No problem adjusting mine full stop to stop on an 800. Is the swing different on the 850s?

Winshady

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2019
Northern California
Haters will indeed hate. There’s a reason that all high performance stand up jet skis have had finger throttles for decades. Thumb levers are a hold over from when you wore mittens and mukluks when you rode your snow machine.

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
I hated and resisted for a long time. I even had one on my 2015 doo but hated it so much I ran it as thumb throttle for 2 seasons. Finally gave it an honest try. Stuck with it till I got used to it and there’s no going back to thumb.

I almost want to live with 90-95% throttle or whatever I can get with the adjustment and put it back.

The cable fraying issue got sorted out on his second generation design. He extended the housing a bit and if you add the guard that’s a none issue.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
I hated and resisted for a long time. I even had one on my 2015 doo but hated it so much I ran it as thumb throttle for 2 seasons. Finally gave it an honest try. Stuck with it till I got used to it and there’s no going back to thumb.

I almost want to live with 90-95% throttle or whatever I can get with the adjustment and put it back.

The cable fraying issue got sorted out on his second generation design. He extended the housing a bit and if you add the guard that’s a none issue.

agreed. riding a thumb throttle now is just awkward.

the housing and the ferule end of the cable still need a little massaging for cable to move freely. i just took a very small file and smoothed out the casting edges and rough spots on the ferule, and smoothed out the edges of the throttle lever. there is now no bind what so ever.

Premium Features