• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front track shock question

Blainelukens

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 18, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Can’t seem to find anything on a search, Brett Rasmussen’s YouTube videos just show a trough axle on the bottom of the shock that pulls apart. Sled is a 19 and has the little boggie wheels with a snap ring holding them on. Do I remove that ring then the wheel comes off and use a puller to get the bearing off? I’m trying to put my Elka shocks on and not having a ton of luck. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks

image.jpg image.jpg

Can’t seem to find anything on a search, Brett Rasmussen’s YouTube videos just show a trough axle on the bottom of the shock that pulls apart. Sled is a 19 and has the little boggie wheels with a snap ring holding them on. Do I remove that ring then the wheel comes off and use a puller to get the bearing off? I’m trying to put my Elka shocks on and not having a ton of luck. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks
Yes if you look close the theaded part of the shaft pushes through the whole thing

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
When I put my raptor kinetics on i just put the wheel on top of a big vise with the shaft and shock under the vise and used a brass hammer and tapped the shaft a couple times it until the wheel popped off. You shouldn't have to take the snap ring off the wheel to get it off the shaft that's to get the bearing out of the wheel.

Blainelukens

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 18, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Thanks caper11 that’s kinda what I figured, pull c-clip then take wheel off of bearing. So you can then grab a hold of bearing to pull/press it off. Then axle should slide though shock, am I missing something?

Unregisteredskidoomike1203 I don’t see what your talking about, the black plastic inside of the metal axle doesn’t go all the way though. It’s just on the ends.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
I removed the c-clip then was able to get the wheel off just by tapping around its edge with a rubber mallet. This then allows you to get a bearing puller on the bearing and it will easily slide off the shaft. To replace the bearing, I cut a piece of pvc pipe of the correct diameter and placed this over the bearing followed by a block of wood. Tapped it back into place with a hammer. Easy job.

Thanks caper11 that’s kinda what I figured, pull c-clip then take wheel off of bearing. So you can then grab a hold of bearing to pull/press it off. Then axle should slide though shock, am I missing something?

Unregisteredskidoomike1203 I don’t see what your talking about, the black plastic inside of the metal axle doesn’t go all the way though. It’s just on the ends.
No mean the shaft it self not the wheel or snap ring just push the shaft

Premium Features