• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Hardcore unannounced changes

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
Anyone else pick up your Hardcore yet? Got to say I’m pretty disappointed that Cat decided to change the color without telling anyone. I own a manufacturing company and there is no way I could take a down payment, ship something the wrong color and just tell the customer tough cookies just deal with it. Totally unimpressed with my dealers only answer being well I’ll refund your deposit money because I have plenty of other people that want them. I don’t hate the new color but it sure isn’t what I ordered and paid a deposit on. I know I’d be in a lawsuit if I did business that way. Pretty sleezy way to do business Cat. I have bought at least one new Cat every year since 2005 and if this is the way Textron is going to do business I’m not sure what the future will hold. Sad too because the alpha is an amazing sled. Plus not giving a tool kit anymore? Come on Cat that is pathetic.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Anyone else pick up your Hardcore yet? Got to say I’m pretty disappointed that Cat decided to change the color without telling anyone. I own a manufacturing company and there is no way I could take a down payment, ship something the wrong color and just tell the customer tough cookies just deal with it. Totally unimpressed with my dealers only answer being well I’ll refund your deposit money because I have plenty of other people that want them. I don’t hate the new color but it sure isn’t what I ordered and paid a deposit on. I know I’d be in a lawsuit if I did business that way. Pretty sleezy way to do business Cat. I have bought at least one new Cat every year since 2005 and if this is the way Textron is going to do business I’m not sure what the future will hold. Sad too because the alpha is an amazing sled. Plus not giving a tool kit anymore? Come on Cat that is pathetic.

They didn’t announce a new top end either. You better get your deposit back sourpuss. Don’t ruin the new sled experience for yourself. U can’t control it, it is what it is and it is the best looking sled on the snow this year!

powwow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
East Kootenay
I didn't realize they changed the colors. I bought the mountain cat, but I think the colors of the hardcore are much nicer. Imagine I would suck if you bought gear/accessories to match. How much did it change?

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Textron is a very different company than the snowmobile industry has seen before. Generally speaking I think they could give a s/;t less about their customers or dealers. I think the Alpha is the sled to have in the mountains right now, but I am not interested in getting in bed with Textron.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
I would have to agree. If I put a deposit down, pre-ordering a product, I would expect to get what I ordered. Can we get a photo comparison of what it was supposed to be and what it is?

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Just checked the Cat site... Shows a color choice for the hardcore, red/grey or green/grey. I do not remember the green being offered at all in the spring... Pretty sure I would insist they provide the color I ordered or I would let somebody else have it just on principle.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
What changed about the colors? I've seen pics on FB and they look the same as the ones i saw in person back in the spring.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Just checked the Cat site... Shows a color choice for the hardcore, red/grey or green/grey. I do not remember the green being offered at all in the spring... Pretty sure I would insist they provide the color I ordered or I would let somebody else have it just on principle.
It was definitely offered in the spring, but the red one was promoted more, and what they had on display at the shows. On FB I've seen some people posting them and it seems like more people went with green over red when they ordered.

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014
?? I ordered a green hardcore, buddy ordered a red hardcore....that’s exactly what we picked up. Not sure what you’re talking about.

Maybe I’m alone in this, but I like what Textron is doing. It’s a lot more likely I won’t be selling my 1, 2 or 3 year used sled competing against brand new carryovers with ridiculous discounts that just drive the value of my sled down. Will have me buying a new sled more often.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Ya, have seen both red and green, thought they looked like what was advertised this spring.

M
Jun 22, 2019
I bet the changes were announced somewhere. I know country cat posted about some color changes on the riot in the summer, little things like skid rails etc. Might have been alpha changes posted too I don't remember for sure.
But this is not Textron, this is how cat has always been, especially with new models you never know what you're getting til it shows up. They weren't even sure what track was coming on the riot x at the end of snow check. Last I heard it was 2.25 peak and they showed up with a 2.0 different model. Shock packages have always been up in the air as far as what you get vs what you order. So a few tidbit color differences, eh, if the dealer offered your $500 back to walk away you can't be too upset. Especially if you still bought it.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
I’ll post pics tomorrow. It’s not the red or green. It’s the base color that is completely different. The tunnel and panels were supposed to be a dark metallic silver nearly black. It came as a flat gray. Look at the hardcore that is on the cover of the 2020 accessory catalog. That is what it looked like during snow check season on their website. What is on the website now is what it came as. Like I say I don’t hate the color it is but when I pay a down payment I expect to get what I order not whatever they decide is a cheaper powdercoat.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
This pic is from Cats website and obviously doesn't give a clear indication what the color is but hopefully its obvious that is is not even close to what was delivered. Every pic of the hardcore last spring showed it much darker like this one still on Cats website. Once again I dont really care which it is (I do like the dareker better though) but don't advertise, take down payments on one thing and then ship something else.

Harcore.PNG IMG_1421.jpg

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I dunno, i think its pretty close, this is the photo from their website, sorry i think you are splitting hairs. I do however wish it was all gloss or matte not a gloss tunnel and matte side panels and then gloss hood peices. But oh well
46184da39b3b1d73f930c3a874053226.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
The more I dig into the cat mechanical, technical realm, the more I love it. They coulda easily made more hp and stuff but chose to run on the safe side. It’s just a nice overall package for the masses and tuners alike.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
looks like some filters in that one pic that made the green pop more is all to me. I doubt they changed the color on ya. at least this stuff isn't really that important to ya anyway.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
This pic is from Cats website and obviously doesn't give a clear indication what the color is but hopefully its obvious that is is not even close to what was delivered. Every pic of the hardcore last spring showed it much darker like this one still on Cats website. Once again I dont really care which it is (I do like the dareker better though) but don't advertise, take down payments on one thing and then ship something else.
To me that looks like the sled advertised last spring. That picture you posted to compare off the site or where ever is horrible, the bottom 3/4s of that sled could be pink and you wouldn't know it.

I have never snowchecked a Cat but I know when I have snowchecked Polaris' there is fine print at the bottom of the build sheet that states there MAY be changes to pretty much anything be it the motor, shock packages, and color.

Charcoal gray was the color advertised and looks to me like the color delivered ?

Premium Features