• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Don’t ride your 18 or 19!!

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
to get the flash or not to get the flash ?? mine is running so well right now ! but its going in on tuesday !

J
Feb 14, 2013
well. i have 120 km, and it melted my side panel and my belly pan... and they are not warrantying it.... my tunnel it tweaked from what i assume was getting stuck doing a wheelie. and it ate my sliders already... my ski doo didnt give me this much trouble.... soo what do you suggest smart a$$?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
well. i have 120 km, and it melted my side panel and my belly pan... and they are not warrantying it.... my tunnel it tweaked from what i assume was getting stuck doing a wheelie. and it ate my sliders already... my ski doo didnt give me this much trouble.... soo what do you suggest smart a$$?
Sounds like ur dealer doesn't like u?!
Over 600 awesome mi. (1,000 km) on mine.
No melting anywhere.

Polcat

J
Feb 14, 2013
i can say im not impressed with my dealer rite from the salesman to the owners and everything in between. Its a give me your money, and dont bother me kind of vibe im getting.

Super 8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2012
well. i have 120 km, and it melted my side panel and my belly pan... and they are not warrantying it.
You need a different dealer.
Got one here that is getting all new plastic including the accessory cat belly pan this week, all installed under warranty.

skiutahcabin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 6, 2012
Timber Lakes Utah
flash worked great

I just had my flash update and spent 6 hrs on it since, seems a bit better- more pull in the low to mid- no complaints- tho looking at some of the other comments makes me cringe!

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018

Well the Doo is a much better sled for beginners... The panels should be covered, have a talk with your dealer or find a new one. The tunnels bend on all brands if you want to wheelie and drag them in the snow... The sled came with scratchers for low snow conditions, you have looked at the paddles on that track right? Sounds more like user errors than sled faults to me.

E
Sep 12, 2008
N 45°31', W 94°14'
The problem is where do you find another Cat dealer? They are far and few between, and did he say low snow ate the sliders? Maybe it was the track jumping off the rails? All he said was his last sled didn't give him this kind of grief, so let it ride.

plumberdood

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Missoula MT
My Alpha was in for other warranty work and my dealer reflashed it. Here is what I noticed.
1.The postive. Bottom end all the way to full throttle ipositive. Maybe even a little better snap. No stumbles or other issues.
2. The negative. Idle is now all over the place. 1900 to 3200 back down again.

C
Apr 29, 2009
Yep - not touching mine! I’ve seen enough!
859c9825f6b46a37e26f885ab27eb6de.jpg

KEVIN ……..

My 2017 XF6000 High Country LE does exactly these same things ever sense new. I have had my dealer call Cat and Cat's race dept. and they say they have never heard of anything like this. No offer for fixing it. Its so bad that somethings it almost throws me over the bars when it bogs. And, it hangs at 4500 - 5000 sometimes, that when I come into a corner and let off to stay tight on my side, that it "drives" its self to the outside of the turn. Its VERY unsafe if you don't catch it in time. Almost like a stuck throttle. I am really getting sick of the sled that runs like garbage.:face-icon-small-con

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I kind of wonder if this is why some people's turboed sleds are bogging. Some people say there's runs better and some worse. it is like their all over the map with the base sleds. My dealer mentioned it but mine runs awesome. Not messing up a good thing.

N
Jan 11, 2008
Spokane, WA
I kind of wonder if this is why some people's turboed sleds are bogging. Some people say there's runs better and some worse. it is like their all over the map with the base sleds. My dealer mentioned it but mine runs awesome. Not messing up a good thing.

I'm also curious on this. Does anyone know what the TPS settings are supposed to be or the process to check?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
So you brought your sled into the dealer with 120km on it. The tunnel is tweaked from getting stuck and doing wheelies? Explain how one tweaks a tunnel from getting stuck? and you want warranty? Thr sled ate your sliders? Good one.
From what I read, you have no clue and you demanded warranty for your own dumbness.
At that point, you were shown the door.
Skidoo would love you as a customer. Head on over. It will be a great move.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I need warranty from getting mine stuck. Was about to have a meltdown because I couldn't get it unstuck. Couldn't figure out why it wouldn't come out of this hole. Shook the living bejesus out of it.Finally found a 3 or 4 in cut off tree sticking up 4 inches through my running board. Broke out one of the cross sections. Guess I'm married into getting new boards now.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Reflash on my alpha. Idle Rpm 2600 all day. Ran good until the 3ft I was riding made it cut out to 5-6k rpm max about 15-20 times. Even wiping intakes at WOT doesnt bring it out of limp mode. Even when the exhaust is out of the snow it takes awhile to clear up and run full rpm. I have this issue on my 18 too but not this bad. Granted it was deep AF today but still. Felt like I was on my 10 m8 again with 20 intake screens. Ran great and pulled hard when the ecu didnt cut power out. And ya, still backfired on shut off. Gonna get the silber flash on this once its out cause this is gay AF. Riding my 19 MC tomorrow so will see if its just the deep snow causing the power cut out.

J
Feb 14, 2013
So you brought your sled into the dealer with 120km on it. The tunnel is tweaked from getting stuck and doing wheelies? Explain how one tweaks a tunnel from getting stuck? and you want warranty? Thr sled ate your sliders? Good one.
From what I read, you have no clue and you demanded warranty for your own dumbness.
At that point, you were shown the door.
Skidoo would love you as a customer. Head on over. It will be a great move.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

yea thats exactly rite im glad you could read, i brought the sled back with 120 km on it... and the tunnel is tweaked because is made of pop can tin. but your a super smart guy so you knew that already. the sliders are missing from the track clips gouging them off in between the two rails.. but you super smart so you probably knew that already to. and the muffler melted my side panels... but maybe its cause of user error rite? from what you read to what you can comprehend it sounds about you got the IQ of an acorn.. and your a smart a$$ with a big mouth... kinda like on snow and mud. all of these things are known problems but you probably knew that to. OH! and now to top it off they are going to put a flash in the ecm that makes the sled run like garbage... sounds like a home run to me. I have two ski doos in my shop and other than clutching they dont have any of these problems... and when i go in for warranty its covered... ill tell you that for free.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Reflash on my alpha. Idle Rpm 2600 all day. Ran good until the 3ft I was riding made it cut out to 5-6k rpm max about 15-20 times. Even wiping intakes at WOT doesnt bring it out of limp mode. Even when the exhaust is out of the snow it takes awhile to clear up and run full rpm. I have this issue on my 18 too but not this bad. Granted it was deep AF today but still. Felt like I was on my 10 m8 again with 20 intake screens. Ran great and pulled hard when the ecu didnt cut power out. And ya, still backfired on shut off. Gonna get the silber flash on this once its out cause this is gay AF. Riding my 19 MC tomorrow so will see if its just the deep snow causing the power cut out.
U have the TSS plugged in?
Mine did that on a deep day. Very random then i unplugged it to finish the day.
Plugged it back in for the next weekend and limited rpm instantly. Been unplugged since.

Polcat

Premium Features