• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looks like winter is over

A
Jan 28, 2010
We got temps in the 60s here in idaho and snow melting fast. The snow sucks everywhere around here McCall, island park, tinities and Stanley. Is there any place to go in pnw with decent snow I don't wanna be done riding with a pathetic 240 miles this year. 1

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
We got temps in the 60s here in idaho and snow melting fast. The snow sucks everywhere around here McCall, island park, tinities and Stanley. Is there any place to go in pnw with decent snow I don't wanna be done riding with a pathetic 240 miles this year. 1
Go North, Canada has snow.

Snow has been good here in Wa. above 6k ft but we only have 7ft so, riding area is limited and tracked out quick.

Alpha Cat......

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I rode twice this year. Put the sled up for the season. Nothing coming anytime this month and too late in the year to ever get any kind of a base. Just disgusted... THANK GOD FOR QUADS :)

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I have a rule "if I'm driving more than I'm riding it's not worth it." Rather pull the quads out and head to the sand. Sledding is always a crap shoot, last year was awesome, this year is the worst since I started in the mid 90's.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I have a rule "if I'm driving more than I'm riding it's not worth it." Rather pull the quads out and head to the sand. Sledding is always a crap shoot, last year was awesome, this year is the worst since I started in the mid 90's.
That rule is no fun!

Ill pretty much sell my soul for a couple hours of bluebird pow conditions. But thats an addict talking. LOL. I love my dirtbike but its tucked away nicely in the corner until at least april.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Go North, Canada has snow.

Snow has been good here in Wa. above 6k ft but we only have 7ft so, riding area is limited and tracked out quick.

Alpha Cat......

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sIgcAkijB4s" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Togwotte, Snowies, and the Big Horns all got two feet of fresh from this last storm, there is snow, you just have to travel a little further than you're accustom too. :juggle:
And there is MORE COMING in the next couple days as well!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

iplocal

Always looking for new mountain riding partners!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 23, 2015
Island Park, ID & Mt St Helens, WA
Notice the cheery forecast are coming from a motorsports dealer. CO, WA, OR, and ID all suck this year. WY has been a little better but Montana is really the only place in the USA that has been semi consistent and that is only in certain areas. I live in Island Park/West Yellowstone but travel frequently to the other states to ride. This is hands down the worst season I have ever seen in 15 years of riding. But that does not mean you don't get out there and find it. We have had to go above 9000 ft to find the really good stuff but it is still there. Thankfully the avi danger is finally lessening a bit. Keep the faith though, last time we had a bunk season like this we all got a nice late season blast. Hang in there my sled brothers!

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
roger miller said it best....you can't roller skate in a buffalo herd, but you can be happy if you put your mind to it, just knuckle down, buckle down, do it, do it, do it :face-icon-small-hap...i think that sums up most of sledding for this year, maybe a good march, at least i can hope :face-icon-small-dis

eyefish123

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2010
Northern Idaho
I chose not to ride this weekend because I figured with the super warm temps and rain last week and then the hard freeze the last two nights things might be a little "tight". Driving down I-90 this afternoon saw numerous trucks with sleds on decks and trailers and none of them had snow in the skid. I think I made a good choice. Maybe next week.

J
Mar 10, 2017
Eastern Idaho
Notice the cheery forecast are coming from a motorsports dealer. CO, WA, OR, and ID all suck this year.

Oh yea, stay away, nothing to see here, virtually no snow in my yard, the skateboard park is clear of snow in February though, where normally I have to run my snowblower there for hours to have anything to skate this time of year, so there is that.

snowdog484

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Winsted, MN
Its going to be 44 in the twin cities wednesday. What little snow we have left will be gone!
Only had to get the big equipment out once this winter so far to move snow. Thats the fewest amount in my 42 years. Probably wouldn't have to use it even. Just wanted to run the machinery.

Premium Features