• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where to go...

B
Dec 6, 2017
Hey all,
New to the forum and some what new to the sport. I've been snowmobiling for the last three years here in Eastern Oregon. I've ridden a handfull of places around here but this year things are pretty bad with all the warm weather. So I'm toying with either heading over and riding Mt Baker and maybe Mt adams or the other option would be go to idaho and hit up island park or mccall . .. just kinda looking for opinions on what's good. It'll be me and a few other guys and we really just wanna have a good time.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
McCall and island park seem to have good snow. Never been to island park but I can say McCall is awesome! Probably one of my favorite areas to ride.

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
With mccall being so close to you do not expect dramatically different conditions, it's a great area, with many riding areas other then north of brundage. BTW with Oregon plates you'll have a target on your back with local law enforcement so be sure everything is current and no funny business or green business, they love stopping and hassling.

Personally I'd head more north, Lolo pass, Seeley lake MT arent far. I've also seen good reports from the panhandle too-sandpoint/preist lake.

Baker can be fun but it also can be very wet and nasty, same with Adams, watch the weather and hit it between storms unless you have a local tour guide. And honestly, if your driving all the way to Baker, tough out another 2-3hrs and go to whistler..

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
My advice to you is to go where the fresh snow has just laid a blanket.
Mccall is pretty different than it was a couple weeks ago. Still some pockets of soft but getting pretty tracked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features