• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ON-THE-SNOW RIDE IMPRESSIONS: 2016 AXYS-PRO RMK ... OUR DAY IN APINE WYO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodsrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
Unless you have a can the Muffpot must go on the pipe near the bulkhead. I made a mount and installed one on a 600 Axys. If you remove the belt holder it can be reached opening left side door without removing the middle section of plastic.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Any thoughts on if the Cast aluminum A-arms will shear before damage is done to the bulkhead. I liked that feature on my last 3 RMKS. I have sheared them on 2 of the RMKs with out any damage to Bulkhead. Ski-doo could take a lesson here.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Any thoughts on if the Cast aluminum A-arms will shear before damage is done to the bulkhead. I liked that feature on my last 3 RMKS. I have sheared them on 2 of the RMKs with out any damage to Bulkhead. Ski-doo could take a lesson here.

They're forged. Forging should bend more than cast before breaking; but will also be stronger so there may still be issues with bend tunnels/bulkheads. The bracing looking stiffer but time will tell.

P
Jan 31, 2015
Can anyone verify that the new pro taper handlebars are narrower? If so, anyone know by how much?

I always felt that the current pro tapers were always to wide and unnatural feeling. Ive always preferred the standard rmk bar for this reason.

Thanks..PR

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
Can anyone verify that the new pro taper handlebars are narrower? If so, anyone know by how much?

I always felt that the current pro tapers were always to wide and unnatural feeling. Ive always preferred the standard rmk bar for this reason.

Thanks..PR

Per the #axyschat last night, they said 1 inch narrower.

"Jarrett Ouellet Pro taper bars?
Like · Reply · 1 · 22 hrs

Polaris Snowmobiles Hi Jarrett, 1 inch narrower pro taper bars with a new bend and a new integrated mountain hoop."

Last edited:
B

Bandicoot

Sep 28, 2009
Calgary
Can anyone confirm if the hoops in the footwell are high enough to allow your foot to roll out if needed. I've got my foot caught in the foot well before as the sled rolled the opposite direction. This is not a performance issue but it's always bothered me about the current over structure design.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'm certain I covered these three items, but I'll repeat due to lots of posting since I said it.

yes they are designed to give and break off before damage is done to the bulkhead

Thanks..PR

yes, they are narrower by 1 inch on each side

Can anyone confirm if the hoops in the footwell are high enough to allow your foot to roll out if needed. I've got my foot caught in the foot well before as the sled rolled the opposite direction. This is not a performance issue but it's always bothered me about the current over structure design.

The side plastic of the body panel does not wrap around as far and it is now more open, which makes it easier for your boots to roll out of in a good way

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
thank you, Mountainhorse, this bears repeating.

If you think you are missing a 3-inch track or other options, what was released yesterday is only the base model. Much more to come on March 2

Yesterday...With the ONE only model released... it was True to the definition "Sneak Peak" ...

The FULL LINE UP ... with all different options/models/colors and any snowcheck factory customization, if offered, etc etc WILL BE RELEASED ON MARCH 2nd.

There are very limited technical details being released .... there will be more details as time rolls on... with a bigger discussion and more details on March 2nd.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
PART 3: ON-THE-SNOW RIDE IMPRESSIONS: 2016 AXYS-PRO RMK ... OUR DAY IN APINE WYO.

On to page three so basic members can view....

Thank you, Mountainhorse, this bears repeating.

If you think you are missing a 3-inch track or other options, what was released yesterday is only the base model. Much more to come on March 2

Yesterday...With the ONE only model released... it was True to the definition "Sneak Peak" ...

The FULL LINE UP ... with all different options/models/colors and any snowcheck factory customization, if offered, etc etc WILL BE RELEASED ON MARCH 2nd.

There are very limited technical details being released .... there will be more details as time rolls on... with a bigger discussion and more details on March 2nd.

Last edited:
S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
On to page three so basic members can view....

Thank you, Mountainhorse, this bears repeating.

Can you tell us Scott is there a Terrain Dominator edition in store for snow check?

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Couple of questions I didnt see get an answer:

Gear Ratio: 2.25 I believe was what they told us.

Footwell is larger: size 13 Klim adrenaline and no issues getting them jammed in or caught.

bars: narrow bars feel great. I narrowed up my 15 bars so I felt right at home.

Muff Pot: the sidepanels and hood come off so easy now, you can put the muffpot right up by the Y-Pipe. Plenty of room there and easy access.

IMO the trail manners would be fixed by decent shox. I ran it pretty much WFO on the trail trying to keep up with Dan Adams and it handled decent, but shox would fix alot of the issues.

Downhill U turns and side to side outs. This sled with quick throttle response and lift turns on a dime on the hills. Super fun to play with because in tight trees its razor precise!

Cant even imagine what boost will be like :) :second:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yeah, so many people are posting, some of the answers have been buried.
Thanks for reviewing some of these, since they keep getting asked and answered and asked. Thanks Phatty.
:)

My elaborations in red.

Couple of questions I didnt see get an answer:

Gear Ratio: 2.25 I believe was what they told us. Cool, that's the first time I actually heard that quantified.

Footwell is larger: size 13 Klim adrenaline and no issues getting them jammed in or caught. I heard larger, but hasn't heard it explained like that. LOL

bars: narrow bars feel great. I narrowed up my 15 bars so I felt right at home. They said 1" on each side.

Muff Pot: the sidepanels and hood come off so easy now, you can put the muffpot right up by the Y-Pipe. Plenty of room there and easy access. Can strip all plastic off in almost literally 30 seconds.

IMO the trail manners would be fixed by decent shox. I ran it pretty much WFO on the trail trying to keep up with Dan Adams and it handled decent, but shox would fix alot of the issues. Yeah, it as pretty easy to SCREAM down the trail. I was more kind to it's trail manners than other test riders. A couple of turns on the front rail shock will heavy the skis up for better trail manners pretty quickly.

Downhill U turns and side to side outs. This sled with quick throttle response and lift turns on a dime on the hills. Super fun to play with because in tight trees its razor precise! It's wicked awesome.
Cant even imagine what boost will be like :) :second: I'm sure someone will be able to report on that before they dry them out for the summer.

Last edited:
X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Why make 3 pages so that basic members can read? What are we paying for?

Just an observation...

It really is kind of disappointing that that SW is giving into to this. You would think a post over 74 would drive membership being it's a new release. How about only paid members get the see whats' really going on and the rest get slop. I realize the amount I pay is very little, but I would also tell all the other budget friendly snowest users the same. I get beyond my moneys worth X 100 out of the site, but to cave during special times is the reason i support the site.

Cheers
Shawn

F

fullboredragon

Mar 24, 2009
Heres a side by side, its easier to see the difference i thought... notice how much thinner the tunnel is in the back. how much higher the nose pan is. and how much more of the track where it comes off the drivers u can see.

Attachments

• pro vs axis.pdf
    474.9 KB · Views: 1,537
Last edited:

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ya wtf....if your to cheap to buy a membership,which also includes a snowest digi mag than tuff...why just this thread?its b.s....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features