• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

UFO kit

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Anyone ride one? sure looks better without the tunnel?looks well thought through.

B
Aug 6, 2012
https://www.facebook.com/UfoSnowbikes?fref=ts

"UFO Snow Bikes, LLC I can honestly say I haven't got one stuck yet, but if you need to throw it around you just grab it by the track. The tank will be an aftermarket product and the kit weight is about 127lbs so about 8-10lbs lighter than the competition. $6500 is the kit price and the tank will be around $350".

http://www.timbersled.com/sbfaq.htm

"How much does the kit weigh?The frame, suspension and track weigh about 116 lbs. The front spindle and ski weigh 14 lbs. This adds about 60 lbs. to your bike making the typical 450cc race bike weigh in at about 300 lbs. fully fueled.".

Yeah i will keep my 1500$ for now. either way I smell Xgames, soon. There's only room for one and that one kit will win this winter.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Undoubtedly you will have some teething pains but that is a really good looking product. I can appreciate the engineering, nice job I'll be following your progress.

M5

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
We will have a brand new SX-F 45o with a kit at our booth in Puyallup this weekend!!

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Looks awesome, but I had hopes that competition would be driving the prices for these kits down, not up. Good luck with your product, like I said looks great.

SNOWBUM101

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2009
Whitefish montucky
Looks great!! nice work all around!!:face-icon-small-sho if you need someone in northwest Montana to ride one of these kits to get people pumped about them let me know! and send me one(for demo) and i will try to sell the hell out of them for ya!!! lol sounded good in my head!:crazy: nice work guys!!hope to see one on the snow this year

S

skidoo28

Aug 25, 2010
Bags And Fuel

looking good you guys should figure ways to carry bags and fuel
nice work

The tunnel is is strong enough to jump on where the cross shaft goes across and there is plenty of room for a tank and bag. Just drill your mounting holes and bolt it to the tunnel.

S

Sledhead6

Nov 27, 2007
here is a pic from Top secret shops booth at the Edmonton snow show

they did a custom conversion to make it fit this particular bike.

snow show tss turbo.jpg

the gman

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2012
What keeps the end of the tunnel from flexing down into the track and raising hell with the paddles. I love the machining and design.....just not the tunnel

S

Sledhead6

Nov 27, 2007
the tunnel is bolted from underneath the cross shaft that goes over the tunnel.

its very rigid and has minimal flex, the tip of the tunnel is also tipped up at an angle so it wont contact the track.

M
Jan 14, 2004
We looked at the kit and talked with the guys from TSS for quite a while at the Edmonton show. The kit looks great. Do you think the turbo bikes will overpower the stock bike shocks?

M5

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I got a good look at the kit last weekend, looked very good and a quality piece. One thing that struck me was ride height, it looked like the bike sat at least 2 inches shorter than a bike with wheels.
Is ride height adjustable?

Lachoneus

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2009
Ride height

Seems like that was one of the "benefits" to this kit for the "vertically challenged" (myself included) -- I'd heard 4-6" lower average seat height compared to TS?

Premium Features