• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XM vs Pro vs PC

1MEX

Apr 19, 2008
915 to the 801
www.wr-products.com
Thanks for the report.. Good to hear results of a test done under the SAME conditions regardless of what they were. Threads like this bring out the brand loyalty with claws if they don't hear what they want to hear.. Put the poo on top and halve the post would be different... Thanks again. I only wish i had the opportunity to ride all three the same day... Btw, I'll still buy a cat... :target: :cheer2:

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
You can shed weight and add reliable horsepower ten times easier and cheaper on the Cat. Very steep sidehills, riding next to a Pro is the only time you get pissed off at your Cat. Just the fact that every Tod on the planet is reason enough to buy an XM or Cat.

Last edited:
S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
when other brand riders pull up next to a skidoo,they should jump off there sled and bow to the king.

S
May 31, 2008
Funny

Nothing more pathetic than a bunch of grown men arguing about what sled is better. If its it got two skis and a track ride it and be happy.
If ya have problems sidehilling any sled, then maybe think about hitting the gym.
Sorry, buts its annoying.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Nothing more pathetic than a bunch of grown men arguing about what sled is better. If its it got two skis and a track ride it and be happy.
If ya have problems sidehilling any sled, then maybe think about hitting the gym.
Sorry, buts its annoying.

Good, I'll let you ride my dad's old V-max. Ain't no one got time for that(much time in the gym)

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon

well if the "grown men" in boardrooms of the 4 manufacturers didn;t argue about which is better and if they were happy with two ski's and a track you would still be enjoying your Elan....

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
First I want to thank spoon for sharing. That is how I rank the sleds also.

Now I would like to share my views of the 3 sleds.
The polaris is the best looking snowmobile and it will sidehill the steepest slopes. The other 2 look like pregnant women! (Nothing against pregnant women). I think cat has the best track and most reliable engine. Doo has the coolest engine, u don't even have to shut it off when u want to talk to ur buddies it just purrs at an idle.

Polaris admits there shaft is bad and offered a fix before Christmas! They know their engine is suspect and offer a 4yr warranty.

Doo realized the XP couldnt sidehill and made the XM and it sidehills better than the proclimb. They admit fuel lines had issues and sent out a recall, I'm sure they will figure out whats going on with the t-motion bracket and update or fix.

Cat had a great sled with a ****ty ride. They fixed the ride now it doesn't sidehill as well but man does it ever boondock! It eats belts and cat denies it! Its heavy and cat denies it! Did I mention it is a blast to boondock!
Can't sidehill an xp? You poo guys gotta realize there's a difference between cant and don't need to.

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Great report. Goodness some people get "excited" if their sled isn't picked winner. The sleds are so close it's crazy. That is EXCELLENT for the consumer. Talk about a stellar year for mountain riders. I have 3 Pros, one which is turboed. I had a 2012 Proclimb and sold it. Rode a 2013 Cat yesterday and boy was I IMPRESSED. While Cat may not have made huge changes, the improvements they made hit a home run, IMO anyway. Almost tempts me to get one. The Doo is getting great reviews and is working really well also. I have not ridden one, but the one in our group really shines.

Anyway, thanks for the report Spoon.

Sam

M

Muldonc

Dec 2, 2011
BC
Gotta thank Spoon for posting his experience. Lol, takes Kahoonas knowing a hecklin' is comin' from the peanut gallery. Didn't cover all conditions but we know his opinions in these conditions. Would be helpful if others that have had the same opportunity as Spoon in different conditions could post.

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
That's funny because I watched 5 guys ride the xm for the first time this weekend. Cat and poo riders. They all had the same thing to say when done riding the xm. What they said was ......... This will be my next sled.

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I had a chance last weekend to ride all 3. They are all great and depending on what the rider likes to do and what his/her skill level is will determine which sled fits them best. The XM felt like it was by far the best point and shoot sled of the bunch. Definitely a huge improvement over the older REV chassis. The wide track seems to try to upright itself when I pulled it over, but it did pull over nicely. The pro was felt lacking in the power department which disappointed me. It does look and handle exactly like a mountain sled should. I would love to have one with 170 hp. The cat is somewhere in the middle. I can sidehill it as good or better than the other two, but I'm used to it. I know cat is limited on the very steep sidehill slopes. I think the doo will struggle in the same scenario. Anyways they are all good, ride them and see what you like best.

F
Dec 10, 2010
Whistler, BC
After sifting through all the d!ck waving b.s. it was good to get some honest opinions in this thread. I still feel that any of the 3 will be fun and I doubt you'll honestly be missing anything on a great powder day.

With that in mind I'll be looking harder at price tags than internet opinions next fall.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
After sifting through all the d!ck waving b.s. it was good to get some honest opinions in this thread. I still feel that any of the 3 will be fun and I doubt you'll honestly be missing anything on a great powder day.

With that in mind I'll be looking harder at price tags than internet opinions next fall.

Yeah, lets be honest, we all know the number 1 is yamaha. The other 3 are fighting for second place

Premium Features