• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kid's Ride at Lolo Pass, MT--March 23--TAKE A ROOKIE RIDING!!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
It might be slightly premature, but regardless, I am just throwing this out now so that people can think and plan....as this is in it's planning stages and INFANCY!!!!!

There are lots of cool forum rides, iron shoot-outs, Ladie's Rides, local club rides...etc. But what I've never heard of is a KIDS RIDE.

This is something that's been on my backburner a while, but after a talk with MT Dream this last month, I decided to kick this around a bit more.

I want to put together a Kid's Ride. It will be FOR THE KIDS and not for some dad to show up and beat his chet of his hotrod.

I expect a lot of Phazers, 120s, 340s, 550 fans, etc. and kids of all ages.
We need to usher in a new generation...and teach them the RIGHT WAY.

I would like to see trail ettiquite modeled and taught to the kids.
Complete respect of flora and fauna.
Taking care of garbage.
No alcohol.
Respecting multiple-use, (even if that's not always a two way street, LOL).

Stage at Lolo Hot Springs (or Lolo Pass if the conditions neccessitate) and then meet up at the Warming Hut for burgers, dogs and beverages.

THIS WILL BE A DRY EVENT. NO ALCOHOL (remeber, we are modeling for kids)

I'm planning to speak at the local club meeting this month, (Thanks for the chat tonight, Mike Cassidy at Fabcraft, and for helping get me on the agenda). I'm certain our two local clubs will be all over this.

I'll work with ALL local brands and dealers to join or sponsor in some way.

I spoke today with a major industry retailer who may want to join in on the fun.

This will be an RSVP event that you should register for if you'd like to come (we have to know how many burgers to flip).

Let's start something COOL!!!
It's not just for rookies. Bring those kids who are already inclined to ride.

How far away would you come for something like this?

More later as it develops......

jmom

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2009
That is a stellar idea right there. Wish I could make it with the Nephew. I especially like the idea of 'teaching' them the right ideals of mountain riders, respect. Great stuff and good luck.

Scott
sat the 23rd of march is the week before we have to quit grooming
the weather is usually nice and days are a bit longer

Im sure Mike would be happy to groom the trails for us the day before of course this is all dependant on mothernature

let me know I have to meet with the association on fund raising next week and could see about getting this started

thanks

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Cool. Which date is the Dec. meeting at the Hot Springs?

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
Great idea, Scott. My 7 month old is a little to small yet, but I've got a 4 year old nephew that just got a sno scoot that can't wait to get out.

D
Nov 27, 2007
Rookie!

kim1.jpg

okay
ive bounced this off the association and looks like it is a go
the only thing i have to clarify is if we will need a permit
I will know this answer later tonight

i need to know is that date a good one
not alot of options the calander is fairly full
and i think the later in the year the weather and snow may be on our side

give me the input now and ill get this thing rolling

looks like we already have a half dozen kids ready to go

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I am so excited to hear this.
I don't mind if YOU have to give ME the date based on the association's needs and schedule.

I have been advised from the perspective corporate sponsor that Saturday is a more successful day in general for sledding functions.

12V92 LOGGER

Lifetime Membership
Oct 27, 2012
Colorado Rockies
wish somebody would do this in colorado, still consider myself a rookie. its hard to find someone to ride with who has patience to ride with someone who has not been riding since before they could walk!! really good idea.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
wish somebody would do this in colorado, still consider myself a rookie. its hard to find someone to ride with who has patience to ride with someone who has not been riding since before they could walk!! really good idea.

This ride is open to anyone who brings a kid. ;).

Kids of all ages?

You are welcome to come up from Colorado. Bring people. And kids.

Premium Features