• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Ski Doo Summit 154" weight!

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
Nice feature....... on a trail sled !! Another wanna-be mountain sled feature. I heard in 14 u can get a XM with signal lights.

I don't know about you but I really hate having to stop every couple miles to cool my sled down on a hard spring morning. A few of you guys really need to take off your yellow and red blinders.

-lenny-

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2011
Whitecourt, Alberta
We weighted the 2013 Ski Doo Summit XM 154" today, this was the demo/prototype edition. But from what I know is that the only difference between this and the production, is that this has holes in its track, but the production sled dont.

Sled is full of fuel, full of coolant, but 3/4 full of oil. It then weighted 250kg, 8kg more than my 2013 Rmk Assault. More sleds will be weighted next week when the new Pro Rmk's arrive.

This is in kilograms, and the weight is 250kg.

I would be quite surprised if the only differences between the prototype you weighed and the production sled is the ported track. Be interesting to see a fall delivery sled weighed, and see the difference (if any).

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
According to the dealer/owner of the summit, that was the only difference. But we will test a production summit once they turn up.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
So where is it that you think the extra hp is being wasted in the Doo, clutch, track, power to weight, weight transfer ? It must be getting lost somewhere cause they only win in certain aspects by a very small margin, and in other aspects the Cat and Poo are clearly dominating,.... I mean , except for your keyboard.
Maybe the gimmickry will help in 2013.

just another day in pooville...clearly dominating in the crap engine dept..
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=321062

Last edited:

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
I was at the dealership today and one thing I know now is it's WAYYYY easier to lift the back of the Poo than the Doo. (both 13's)

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Everyone needs to ride a 4 stroke yamaha for a few years, then come back to the 2 stroke; then tell me weight doesn't make a difference. :)

I loved, and miss my turbo Nytro..it did things my stock Pro can't, obviously....but whats not obvious is the Pro can do many things the Nytro couldn't (at least w/ me piloting it).

What I learned; chassis and weight combined really can make or break a sled. The way it handles n rides is far more important to me than 20-70 HP.

Don't take this as raggin on the XM, I'm really jonsin' for one...or to at least ride one... If I have a similar feeling of confidence inspiration w/ the XM I'll be all over it.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
Nice feature....... on a trail sled !! Another wanna-be mountain sled feature. I heard in 14 u can get a XM with signal lights.

Not everybody has the privilege of being able to hit the powder from the parking lot. The place I ride the most has 6 miles of trail through private property before you come to the boundary of the National Forest. I would gladly give up a few pounds to not have to deal with ice scratchers.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Dont know where Polaris is dropping their weight. But we weighted a 2012 Pro Rmk 800 tunnel and bulkhead, and that only weighted 23kg! Thats pretty light if you ask!
Anybody know what the ski doo frame weights?

abu9etej.jpg

yes and they fold easily.there is a thing called good weight.JMO

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
The tunnel may bend easy. But I can promise the bulkhead has way more strength then the xp does. Do a search for crumpled pros vs xps.

Yella Belly

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Yakima, WA
We weighted the 2013 Ski Doo Summit XM 154" today, this was the demo/prototype edition. But from what I know is that the only difference between this and the production, is that this has holes in its track, but the production sled dont.

Sled is full of fuel, full of coolant, but 3/4 full of oil. It then weighted 250kg, 8kg more than my 2013 Rmk Assault. More sleds will be weighted next week when the new Pro Rmk's arrive.

This is in kilograms, and the weight is 250kg.

This data is skewed... you left the oil cap off.. :face-icon-small-ton

Thanks for the effort, always nice to see real data rather than propaganda!

Safe season! :yo:

Yella'

T

teamthunderf**ked

Jan 11, 2009
cherry point ab
All i can say with a few simple mods you can drop serious weight off of a xm, thats half tge fun anyways always riding a slightly better sled when you go out. Anyhow on my first trip to the mt's this year everyone road out just so happened a 2013 pro rider doubled out with a scud hahaha. I guess withall my jibber jabber i'm saying pro riders will be modding there sleds by adding weight so they dont break and loosing ground on the hill and us xm riders get to drop weight with our mods

R
Jan 6, 2012
AK
my friend has a 13 poo and a 13 xm, he bought both becouse he had 12 poo last year adn loved it but blew 5 motors, and my xp would way out high mark it. so to ride the poo was a lotg of fun, but not as relible or as powerfull as the doo

R
Jan 6, 2012
AK
my friend has a 13 poo and a 13 xm, he bought both becouse he had 12 poo last year adn loved it but blew 5 motors, and my xp would way out high mark it. so to ride the poo was a lotg of fun, but not as relible or as powerfull as the doo

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast

blew 5 motors and loved it huh:face-icon-small-con The sht is getting real thick now lol

Premium Features