• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dealer reaction to the 2013 summit.

T

teamthunderf**ked

Jan 11, 2009
cherry point ab
Sorry, but your wrong. I have nothing to gain....... I was given a cool opportunity that anyone would have taken. I simply shared a short opinion as I thought it may be beneficial to some. If people can't recognize that, I wont make the mistake again.

hes riding a polaris in his profile pic if he says he likes it he must be telling the truth

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
Its funny how a few of the guys described how much better the XM handled over the 2012 XP. I sure hope so, but I have been told by so many XP owners that the handling is great, how could it be that much better?

I know, I know fred, Bad rep for me!

Anyways, I am hoping it is as much of a change as they are claiming, but I dont think alot of non-doo owners are going to jump onto the hype wagon until they actually get to ride one. Me included.

Dec 7, 2007
Saskatchewan
Dang it.... Why am I starting to like this sled.... I have to keep telling myself "no weight loss, no vertical steering, don't sell your Pro" and yet here I am, thinking about selling my Pro....

Joe
I am glad to see Doo deal with the handling issues of the XP. Good Job Doo. Hope all the hype is real. Before you ditch the Pro remember the Doo has found a way to catch the competition and keep the 16" wide track. Is it better or just catching up? Even the comments made by the vid are same as the Pro 2 years ago and the Pro is even better this year. Not trying to stir things up. I hope they are better than the Pro as the Pro is increadable. Raise the bar? Only time will tell. Reminds me of the Yamaha with the power steering it needed to deal with the weight issue. T motion and track redesign is needed in the XP to make a 16" wide track side hill like the Pro. Too bad the weight is so much more than the Pro. If Poo ever comes out with a DI and continues on the weight loss course they are on Doo will be scratching their heads and playing catchup again. If Doo figures out how to get the weight down with the great E tek engine and XM chassis improvements, Poo will be the ones scratching their heads. Happy sledding. I expect negative feedback to my thoughts so let er rip.

Last edited:

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Sorry, but your wrong. I have nothing to gain....... I was given a cool opportunity that anyone would have taken. I simply shared a short opinion as I thought it may be beneficial to some. If people can't recognize that, I wont make the mistake again.

Dustin, i didn't mean to offend you. I just meant that you and most of the others sell sleds and sell parts or are sponsred by doo. That's all i meant.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
thanks for posting the video
i'm thinking hey its good for all of us when the envelope gets pushed some ideas work out good some don't :face-icon-small-dis
from my what my friends say about their XPs seems like skidoo is adressing alot of those issues 12 much better than 11 and 13 better than 12
time will tell it always does

my only complaint is "its lite " thats just not true the bench mark is low 400s now. right ?

dustin pancheri

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
I am not offended, rather I am trying to make a point.

So because I work for a company that sells parts for ALL Brands of sleds I am not capable of having my own unbiased opinion?

I would think it would be the oposite......I would think I would be more capable of having a fair opinion biased off the fact that I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to ride all of the sleds (unlike most people). In fact, all of them on the same day, in the same conditions, back to back for a true comparison.

And to re-enforce my point, None of the OEM's or magazines have ever paid me, or gifted me anything......Piriod! I don't have to sell them advertising and I don't have any commitments to any of them.

This is what it realy comes down too: What puts food on my table is the job @SLP, and the only way I can be successfully there is to gain the trust of my customers and hopefully gain a good reputation within the snowmobile community. It gains me nothing to be less than straight forward with snowmobiles and in fact, hurts me as I will not have there trust.

One last point: I am a consumer as well. I have been riding off road bikes since I was a kid. I have purchased many aftermarket parts, many new bikes, and read many magazines about dirt bikes. I am on both sides of the fence.

I apologize for the rant and letting the post get off topic.

Last edited:

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
PJ- they just announced that they picked up the 13 Doo's and are bringing them along on the VIP Demo Tour.

Guess who will be participating in one of those rides? ME, regular old joe that has an extreme passion for sledding. The exact person that you described above.

I signed up, was accepted, and the end of March I will put all opinions to rest for myself. I am as regular as they come and excited as heck to be able to try for myself and report.

1 month and 6 days and counting.......:face-icon-small-hap

Who the f*ck does someone have to kill to get an invite? I've been riding Doo my entire life and I never received such a card. I see that only a select few got one. That's kinda BS if you ask me. I ride in one of the highest, deepest mountain areas in the West and could give an honest opinion. So could Tudizzle.

Why are some more special than others? Feel kinda betrayed now. Personally I have owned 5 sleds for myself, bought and sold 4 for the wife. Maybe because I don't buy a new one every year?

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado

So because I work for a company that sells parts for ALL Brands of sleds I am not capable of having my own unbiased opinion?

I would think it would be the oposite......I would think I would be more capable of having a fair opinion biased off the fact that I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to ride all of the sleds (unlike most people). In fact, all of them on the same day, in the same conditions, back to back for a true comparison.

And to re-enforce my point, None of the OEM's or magazines have ever paid me, or gifted me anything......Piriod! I don't have to sell them advertising and I don't have any commitments to any of them.

This is what it realy comes down too: What puts food on my table is the job @SLP, and the only way I can be successfully there is to gain the trust of my customers and hopefully gain a good reputation within the snowmobile community. It gains me nothing to be less than straight forward with snowmobiles and in fact, hurts me as I will not have there trust.

One last point: I am a consumer as well. I have been riding off road bikes since I was a kid. I have purchased many aftermarket parts, many new bikes, and read many magazines about dirt bikes. I am on both sides of the fence.

So far, you are the only one who gave a positive review that won't benefit from this sled making sales. It's gonna sell and you have to design and create the aftermarket stuff that gets bolted on for all of the sleds. So yeah, I'd trust your review, but the rest? No. Dealers benefit from saying HOORAY, paid or sponshured (LOL) riders benefit from saying hooray. Dealers get to make money and paid riders get a 14k sled for free. We still have to pay, so let us test it.

Don't send out invites to certain people, send them out to every man that has bought a Doo, look and all of the submissions and pick. For some reason, I'm quite offended by their sending cards to "special" people only. I have been riding for years and only Doo for most of them (When I was a kid I had a Scorpion Stinger and a John Deer Spitfire), I have been defending Doo since I joined the forums.

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
Who the f*ck does someone have to kill to get an invite? I've been riding Doo my entire life and I never received such a card. I see that only a select few got one. That's kinda BS if you ask me. I ride in one of the highest, deepest mountain areas in the West and could give an honest opinion. So could Tudizzle.

Why are some more special than others? Feel kinda betrayed now. Personally I have owned 5 sleds for myself, bought and sold 4 for the wife. Maybe because I don't buy a new one every year?

I didn't kill anyone, and I wasn't sent any invite! I do not buy one every year. I do however visit BRP website fairly often, and about a month and a half ago noticed a little icon that said VIP demo tour. I clicked, I filled out their questionnaire, a while later I got a phone call.
It was supposed to be to ride the 2012's. The first demo rides have been 2012's cause I know some who have gone.
BRP just posted a pic on facebook saying, "look what the VIP tour just picked up." It was a hauler with 7 2013 sleds. Hoping they are coming to my ride the end of March.
You can see the process here. www.skidoodemo.com Keep in mind this happened months ago and most likely spots are filled.
It wasn't because of any special treatment, I can assure you that, and that is what is pretty cool to me. I can put this sled through the paces and have equally as steep and deep where we are riding in Utah. Anyone that knows me on this forum or Dootalk can vouch for that.

Last edited:
S
Oct 29, 2008
I got invited and I can't even ride. Been moving this Damn ski doo post card from counter to counter. Ralph I will see if the invite can be gifted.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage

hey Dustin, you did fine,who wouldnt jump at a chance to ride any of the new sleds?..I do have one question that I think you can answer, on the new sleds how big of a difference between the 3 brands are you seeing in HP bone stock?(5, 10, 15 HP)

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho

I think you will acknowledge, if you give a less than flattering review, what would be the chances of you being invited to get the "opportunity" next year?

If you got the reputation as someone who didn't play ball, your invitations would dry up pretty quick.

Manufacturers invite industry insiders to "test" their product to add fluff to the marketing machine, and most people play along so they get invited back next year.

That doesn't mean I think you didn't mean what you said, but we can't view you as completely unbiased either. :face-icon-small-win

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I got invited and I can't even ride. Been moving this Damn ski doo post card from counter to counter. Ralph I will see if the invite can be gifted.

That would be cool. Next time I come down or you come up (obviously next season :() I'll get ya dinner and beer.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I didn't kill anyone, and I wasn't sent any invite! I do not buy one every year. I do however visit BRP website fairly often, and about a month and a half ago noticed a little icon that said VIP demo tour. I clicked, I filled out their questionnaire, a while later I got a phone call.
It was supposed to be to ride the 2012's. The first demo rides have been 2012's cause I know some who have gone.
BRP just posted a pic on facebook saying, "look what the VIP tour just picked up." It was a hauler with 7 2013 sleds. Hoping they are coming to my ride the end of March.
You can see the process here. www.skidoodemo.com Keep in mind this happened months ago and most likely spots are filled.
It wasn't because of any special treatment, I can assure you that, and that is what is pretty cool to me. I can put this sled through the paces and have equally as steep and deep where we are riding in Utah. Anyone that knows me on this forum or Dootalk can vouch for that.

Oh, I know what Utah is like. I rode there in the last crappy snow year (2009) and recognized the potential, for sick, deep snow. Although your elevations don't quite get up to where ours do. I also hit the website and read the 500 emails I get a month from BRP. Never saw a link. I'll look now for poops and guffaws.

dustin pancheri

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
I think you will acknowledge, if you give a less than flattering review, what would be the chances of you being invited to get the "opportunity" next year?

If you got the reputation as someone who didn't play ball, your invitations would dry up pretty quick.

Manufacturers invite industry insiders to "test" their product to add fluff to the marketing machine, and most people play along so they get invited back next year.

That doesn't mean I think you didn't mean what you said, but we can't view you as completely unbiased either. :face-icon-small-win

Sorry....wrong again..........There explanation to me for my presence is that they wanted somebody that spends a lot of time on the Polaris for a true comparison. When they shot that video they asked for the good and the bad.....they did the editing, not me. If they didn't like my opinion...well, I guess they won't invite me back.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
your not a doo dealer so your review counts:)

i can look at the pics and tell its improved for the "i cant sidehill a xp crowd".and that video of narnia? pulling the sled over with one hand in the showroom is proof too..

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
The next person that says that you can't sidehill an XP is gonna be told to go cook my dinner and wash my socks, cause obviously that's all that they have the ability to do.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Sorry....wrong again..........There explanation to me for my presence is that they wanted somebody that spends a lot of time on the Polaris for a true comparison. When they shot that video they asked for the good and the bad.....they did the editing, not me. If they didn't like my opinion...well, I guess they won't invite me back.

Dustin, can you elaborate on what you meant by "they weren't trying to make it a Pro"? Mostly i'm curious if your impression of the XM (so far) is enough to make it your number one choice for riding on a day to day basis. Assuming you like techincal type riding and Poo's from your comments, then i'm wondering if the changes are impactful enough in it design evolution, or if they left things on the table that could've made it better for the techincal rider, and not sacrifice its climbing abilities?

S

Summit 800

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs
Another regular guy with the VIP demo tour invite. The Colorado location ride was originally scheduled for January at Rabbit Ears, then moved to April because of low snow. And I am a lucky guy because I will get to ride a 2013 this weekend! :face-icon-small-ton :whip:

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Hey PJ don't feel alone I have purchased 12 new doos and never been invited. It does however make a difference in warranty work though they have gone far above any expectation for me with warranty. They know how many sleds you buy and that helps with waranty. I hope the 13 is as good as the reviews so far but I am waiting another year to heavy in my opinion.

Premium Features