• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Winter Rec & Travel show

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Is anyone going to the Winter Rec show this year? Sept 26-28 at the Sullivan arena. The paper says parking is free & admission. They also have the swap meet if anyone has "stuff they can live without".

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
I want to go. More then likely I wont make it till sunday, unless the hours are late. I work till 5 on sat. I hope they have a fee deals left on sunday.

Do you happen to know the hours?

A
Dec 13, 2007
Is anyone going to the Winter Rec show this year? Sept 26-28 at the Sullivan arena. The paper says parking is free & admission. They also have the swap meet if anyone has "stuff they can live without".

ASSA sled swap is in the parking lot. Used to be out at ENSTAR.. FYI everyone.

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
Anyone know the date of the Swap Meet?? It was Oct 10th-ish last year (easy date to remember) in the parking lot across from ENSTAR..

P
Feb 15, 2008
bought the sled yesterday i got the 08 800 154 cause it was 2 grand less and it get 3years of full warrnty replace everything thats bad and its from CC ... the guy we talked to was the parts guy he seemed like a real nice guy and is gonna seriously hook it up!!!

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
Who all went to the show and to the swap? What did you think of it?

personally, I thought last years show was better. Maybe, it was because, this was the first time in a long while that I didnt need anything so I really wasnt looking for anything. I dont know. Nice, to run into some friends of course though. Swap meet was different to because, there wasnt as much "stuff I dont need" there this year. It was mostly sleds and not to many oldie sleds. Still had fun though!!

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
After going to the show to look for a helmet and boots, I can say I am extremely disappointed. Everybody just seemed to half-a55 everything. There was a good showing of sleds, but thats about it. Go-pro had crap for boot selection. I was looking for a nice fox carbon helmet, and the only one I saw was an older v3 pilot at mad hatter. Too bad the guy who was at the show didnt even know it was a lightweight one...and for 325 for a 2 year old lid???WTF?

Oh well, rant over. It would just be nice to try on some helmets/boots in my size before I order them. Is that to much to ask?

So, where in Anchorage/Wasilla area can I find a nice Carbon/Kevlar helmet, and some HMK focus pro boa's???

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
After going to the show to look for a helmet and boots, I can say I am extremely disappointed. Everybody just seemed to half-a55 everything. There was a good showing of sleds, but thats about it. Go-pro had crap for boot selection. I was looking for a nice fox carbon helmet, and the only one I saw was an older v3 pilot at mad hatter. Too bad the guy who was at the show didnt even know it was a lightweight one...and for 325 for a 2 year old lid???WTF?

Oh well, rant over. It would just be nice to try on some helmets/boots in my size before I order them. Is that to much to ask?

So, where in Anchorage/Wasilla area can I find a nice Carbon/Kevlar helmet, and some HMK focus pro boa's???

hey c-bolt, I got my pro boa's at go pro...they ended up being 1 size bigger then the boot size I normally wear.

H
Apr 5, 2008
Eagle River, AK
I was a little disappointed. I went looking for new coats and helmets for the whole family. I did get a helmet (Klim F4) and a Valdez parka for me, and I did get them cheaper than what I could find online, but I was hoping for better deals and more selection. Talked to the Anchorage A/C guy, and he said he was wiped out on last year's gear by early spring. That was probably true for all the shops.

Anyway, I was disappointed that there wasn't better selection, and better pricing. I missed GoPro's display. Were they even there Friday? I went early hoping to beat the crowd. Maybe I beat some of the vendors too?

I wonder how much we're victims of our own frugality, and the deals on the internet, by using our local shops to find the right size, then ordering online? Not saying we should spend more to get the same stuff, but the local guys may be cutting back inventory because we're all buying mail order?

Sorry, that's my economics degree kicking in...

I hope to have the HMK focus pro boa's in by the next show on Oct. 17, 18, 19 at the new convention center down town. All the 09' gear from HMK has just now reached the West Coast and will be shipping out this next week except the boots. The boots are a week or so behind the clothing line. I will have the full line of the 09' gear at the next show and at my shop this winter.

Chris

Premium Features