• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MSU Volunteer Fair

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
There was a Volunteer Fair on campus today and Wild Montana had a booth. The BS that they are talking is unreal and unfortunately most people at their booth were buying it. They were handing out stickers and newsletters to students passing by. Does anyone know of an Anti-Wilderness Org. in or around Bozeman that we maybe able to get to show up at these events? I'll sit at the table and hand out fliers and stickers but I need to find where to get the literature. I'm not sure if SAWS is the right org. for this due to it being mostly snowmobile based. I was wondering what org. would cover all OHV interests that my be able to present the other side of the wilderness battle to the uninformed students on campus. I'll post this in Land Use as well, thanks for any input.

I checked them out and laughed at em. They started preaching to me in full Army ACUs about how I as a snowmobilier was not "allowed" to use the land I am willing to die for. Kind of funny really. It would be great to get a SAWS booth set up, I would definitly be willing to help run and hand out information, maybe even heckle some of the Wild Montana clowns.

Bunch of Tree Hugging Tools...

M
Feb 7, 2008
Bozeman,MT
Check out CitizensForBalancedUse. I believe that is also there web site. It is a local .org fighting for all the good stuff. From snowmobiling to mountain biking they are supporting it all!

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
I checked them out and laughed at em. They started preaching to me in full Army ACUs about how I as a snowmobilier was not "allowed" to use the land I am willing to die for. Kind of funny really. It would be great to get a SAWS booth set up, I would definitly be willing to help run and hand out information, maybe even heckle some of the Wild Montana clowns.

Bunch of Tree Hugging Tools...

I may have seen you over there. The fat guy in the fleece vest at the table was an idiot. You should read some of the crap in their news letter.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
when i was down in bozeman last weekend, i went to the healthfood store across from safeway with my girlfriend.... i almost started stabbing people...

i would come over the hill to help smite them

L
Check out CitizensForBalancedUse. I believe that is also there web site. It is a local .org fighting for all the good stuff. From snowmobiling to mountain biking they are supporting it all!

This is a very very good organization. We helped raise a ton of money when the envirementalists came after cooke City a few years ago and they stopped it. Myself as well as my parents are trying to do fund raisers more and more to get more money for this organization to help this organization fight everything.

S

Sheepdog

Nov 27, 2007
Big Sky Country
There was a Volunteer Fair on campus today and Wild Montana had a booth. The BS that they are talking is unreal and unfortunately most people at their booth were buying it. They were handing out stickers and newsletters to students passing by. Does anyone know of an Anti-Wilderness Org. in or around Bozeman that we maybe able to get to show up at these events? I'll sit at the table and hand out fliers and stickers but I need to find where to get the literature. I'm not sure if SAWS is the right org. for this due to it being mostly snowmobile based. I was wondering what org. would cover all OHV interests that my be able to present the other side of the wilderness battle to the uninformed students on campus. I'll post this in Land Use as well, thanks for any input.

I will sit in a booth with you. Let me know the dates.

Premium Features