• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yakima Ski-Benders October mtg 10-4-16

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
YAKIMA SKI-BENDERS
OCTOBER 4TH 2016
NEWSLETTER​

All I can say is Wow! Where has the time gone? I've been working my September away at what seems like a furious pace and as I look at the calendar all of the sudden it's time for the October meeting already! I hope you all have enjoyed September, it's been getting cooler, the days are getting much shorter and snowmobile season is rapidly approaching! I'd like to thank all the folks including the multiple new folks that showed up to the September meeting for a total of 35 people present!

As we think of just how fast the season is approaching, we remember that the annual Puyallup Snow Show is being held on October 15th, & 16th at the Puyallup Fair Grounds. There are plenty of reasons to make the trip over this year for sure! Maybe you didn't go last year, maybe you need to pick up some parts or accessories, or maybe you're even looking for a new ride this season after all the snow we got last year! If you are considering going to the show, perhaps consider spending a small amount of time in our club booth. We'll be hosting our annual space to let the folks from around the state know who we are and what we do and remind them of the now THREE on the snow rides we will be hosting this year; the BRAND NEW Scavenger Hunt ride January 8th, 2017, The Chinook Pass Snowfest Poker Ride, January 29th, 2017, and the quickly growing and now very popular Little Sledders ride, March 11th, 2017. There is also another opportunity to help out at the show that actually pays the club. WSSA is always looking for volunteers to help put on the snow and they make it worth your while to do so! Further details on how to volunteer will be discussed at the mtg.

Also upcoming and not to be forgotten, our annual Crab Feed at the Pomona Gun Club being held early this year on December 10th, 2016. We'll start discussion on that and will be handing out tickets for everyone to sell. This has been selling out almost every year so be sure to get your tickets early!

As we move into a new season with a BRAND NEW event as was presented and approved at the September meeting, the need to gather prizes from our favorite local and non-local businesses becomes even more important. If you can, volunteer to contact some of the businesses you frequent and see if they would be willing to donate! Further information on who to contact and how to do it will be discussed at the meeting.

That's all for now, be sure to join us for our October meeting at BOB'S BURGER'S & BREW on October 4th, dinner starting at 6pm and business meeting to start at 7pm and find out the low down on all the upcoming fun! I'll see you there!

Watch your email for updated information in the Newsletter as posted above, as well as the Agenda, and Calendar of Events.

Seth Ahlbrecht

President

Yakima Ski-Benders

Premium Features