• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

big west boise

C
Jan 2, 2008
Meridian, ID
I was in there last week, and I was told that they are wanting to concentrate on their lawn and garden part of the business (John Deere). What are they going to do the other 6 months of the year when no one is taking care of their lawns and gardens? Maybe other problems that they are not willing to devulge info on! :rolleyes:

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
I heard of another Idaho dealer that was 'forced' to take 60 something sleds this year, or lose the Doo dealership. Seems this happens quite often. Perhaps this is the case here...?

A
Nov 27, 2007
McCall Idaho
i heard a rumor that the owner of big west was trying to play hardball with brp and said that big west wanted better support and factory backing from them or he was going to drop brp. well supposivly brp said "see ya! good luck"

C
Jan 2, 2008
Meridian, ID
Here's the scoop! I just found out from a very reliable source that they are closing their doors for good this Saturday 9/13, and will be filing bankruptcy. So, if they have anything of yours, I would get down there before Saturday!

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
I'll just come right out and say this, I hope Boise gets a good SkiDoo dealer. I won't really miss BigWest.

Who will pick up SkiDoo in Boise?????????????????????????????? Inquiring minds want a hint.

I bought my XP at Action, in Twin Falls. They were the only dealer with sleds. (unless I wanted a 07) Haven't tried to get anything serviced yet. We will see. What happened to Mountain Aire up in Fairfield? Are theys still dooing?

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
A long way for service. got gas card?:eek:
I hope somebody does it...
looks like you guys have to go to McCall for work to be done, so why you wait for your stuff to get worked on will you drop me off and pick me up at the parking lot at the end of the day?:eek:

Man i need snow@!

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
I'll just come right out and say this, I hope Boise gets a good SkiDoo dealer. I won't really miss BigWest.

Who will pick up SkiDoo in Boise?????????????????????????????? Inquiring minds want a hint.

I bought my XP at Action, in Twin Falls. They were the only dealer with sleds. (unless I wanted a 07) Haven't tried to get anything serviced yet. We will see. What happened to Mountain Aire up in Fairfield? Are theys still dooing?

Mtn Aire had to give up Doo in 06...no 07's because they couldn't carry the minimum inventory Doo required...and stay in business.

I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
Theres a good BRP dealership there in Caldwell bout a mile or so from Grizzly Sports. I do most of my business with Grizzly Sports cause there Polaris but i go there every now and then and they always have the newest stuff and great service, and i hear nothing but good from people who do business there. Not the biggest but they will take care of you...

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Yha, I know several people that drive from East Boise, to Caldwell to buy Doo stuff.

That's too bad about Mtn. Aire. I liked those guys, you could actually buy stuff from them, that the other shops wouldn't even talk to you about.

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
Yha, I know several people that drive from East Boise, to Caldwell to buy Doo stuff.

That's too bad about Mtn. Aire. I liked those guys, you could actually buy stuff from them, that the other shops wouldn't even talk to you about.
Last I new they were still in business with access to Doo parts, just not a dealer any more. Arlen Tupper.

2fun4u

Feb 20, 2002
Mountain Home, ID
www.2coolairvents.com
Rumor has it that a really GREAT Boise dealer is inquiring about the BRP/Ski doo dealership. If they actually get it done, they will do an awesome job for anyone!

I have also heard good things about Michael's outdoor Power in Caldwell!

:) 2fun

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
God I hope so! I snow checked my 09 from jim at Big West. Wounder where my sled will be?

That's kinda interesting. Did your contract get canceled along with his franchise? I think I'd call one of the other local shops and ask, WTF? Maybe wait until the show and find a Doo rep, and find out. Was it an X?

D
Nov 29, 2007
McCall Idaho
i talked to big jim earlier in the week.

big west is in no danger of going bankrupt. he feels they will have plenty of business in their John Deere/Mustang/Stihl lines to survive just fine without BRP.

I got the strong hint Jim had shopped the BRP franchise around, but there were no takers.

This makes sense in how this has shaken out.

If there was intrinsic value in the BRP franchise for Boise, someone would have given Jim 100 bucks or more to buy the franchise, parts inventory, etc. However, Jim is willing to just let it go, and no one is stepping up.

Jim hinted to me BRP has pretty expensive parts and sled ordering policies, which could discourage many parties.

G
Aug 25, 2008
Boise, Idaho
Dealership

There is also talk out there that Dennis Dillon is looking at the dealership. I would imagine they would incorporate that with their huge RV lot on the freeway off Orchard and Victory. Might be interesting - otherwise all we have is Michaels in Caldwell.

Premium Features