• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Apex Boondocker Turbo

L
Aug 4, 2008
I've just installed a boondocker turbo 25 for trail use. I have a few questions. Is the blow off valve set already or do I have to set it? Should I take it to the dyno or is the boondocker numbers close? I also need to know where to get the best vents for the side panels.

Thanks
Chris

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
The blow off should be setup but there is nothing better than getting it out on the snow and see what it does or even the grass for that matter.

As far as the BD numbers on that box I don't think they have the ADA system out yet so you may have to play with them a bit when the ADA system is out like on the two stokes this will make it much better as far as tunning also the ADA system might be somthing you can upgrade to depending on how old your BD box is. Also on some of the Apex kits the PL box works very well and is super easy to tune in.

Also keep in mind the GT25 is a very small turbo so as long as you keep the boost down low you should be fine.

I can get you vents just shot you a PM

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
I see your new to sw so for the record this is the swapmeet where people sell/buy turbo/supercharger/nitrous stuff. No worries, you might want to post in the "yamaha" section of the forums with questions about your 4 stroke questions. That being said...
The bd numbers will be fairly close. You certainly don't need a dyno to dial it in. To tune you need a wideband which bd sells. All you need to do is add or pull fuel to get around 12.5 a/f ratio on race fuel. If your running pump gas tune for low 11's. Clutching I would run primary:blue/white/blue with supertip weights 2 tungsens in heel, 3 grams in middle tips empty. Secondary shockwave adjustable helix set around 51 deg and a yamaha white spring. This clutching will work at 14-15 psi or so. Just a good place to start anyway, you can tweek it to your likings. If you need any other help send me a pm if you want.

Premium Features