• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need lodging info for Cooke City

andre162

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2008
northern california
I have a group of eight riders planing on going to Cooke City in Feb of 09 and would appreciate some help finding a good place to stay. Any other info about the area would be appreciated. thanks for the help

M
Nov 26, 2007
central mn
First off STAY AWAY FROM THE SODA BUTTE!!! Horrible service:mad:

We've stayed at the super 8 a couple times. It's ok nothing fancy. The sinclair station has a couple cabins that are nice and Steve and Lisa are great people!

The Alpine also has some nice rooms.

T
Jan 3, 2008
Park Rapids, MN
We like to stay at Antlers Lodge. they have older cabins, but they are well kept, some have full kitchens. The lodge is very rustic and roomy, fire going all the time, food and bar, out door hot tub. Bill and Kay will pretty much do anything to help you, Bill can help out if you have sled problems.

151Viper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Larimore, ND
We used to stay at Big Bear Lodge(Stillwater outfitters) east of town and loved it but they are not open this winter. We reserved some rooms at the Soda Butte and from what I am gathering it may be a mistake. What seems to be the issue there. All I look for is a place to shower and sleep at night. The rest of the time we are out and about.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
the sinclair cabins are super nice, and the people who run it are very helpful, nice to deal with, will probably be staying there again this winter.

151Viper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Larimore, ND
My vote is the Big Moose.

We tried the big moose becasue it is right across from the Big Bear Lodge but the moose wanted $95 a night per person is what my buddy told me. That seemed quite expensive to us. Last year we paid $70 a night each with a good home cooked breakfast and dinner included. I will miss that part of it they serve some great food at the old bear lodge.

M
we stayed at the antlers lodge last year, the nice thing about where ever you choose is to get a place that has a kitchenette so you can cook your own meals. big bummer when it just dumped 2 ft of pow and your sittn around waitin on your breakfast to be served. also try cooke city chamber of commerce web site for list of lodgeing and #'s.

Premium Features