• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where to boondcok in WI

Dec 19, 2007
I know this season we probably had 3' of snow in the northwoods. Is there a place I can play in powder? Someplace that is legal to ride? Where to get off trail and find some good hills?

S
Mar 23, 2008
Washburn, WI
I know this season we probably had 3' of snow in the northwoods. Is there a place I can play in powder? Someplace that is legal to ride? Where to get off trail and find some good hills?

The barens area in Bayfield County Wisconsin is where I do all mine. There is miles and miles of open area. There is also a huge amount of forrest roads, and old tote roads that are all open. I my self love to ride the back country horse trails here. We got alot of people from the cites area that come here with moutain sleds to ride back country.

All of these areas are in the National Forrest and everything in the national forrest is open to sleds.

S
Mar 23, 2008
Washburn, WI
WRONG SKIDOOMAN, barrens are not legal to ride off of marked forest roads. But that don't stop most, ya me included.

All of the barens is open to sleds. Only spot you can't is the power line and non motorized area, the section closed off is pretty small. check with the local law enforcement if you don't belive me.

Premium Features