• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Voltage Regulator 503

O

ozzydog

Dec 17, 2007
Riding this past weekend with Tony and the gang was a blast. Thanks Tony.

Ok, everything was going fine on Sat. Put the PIAA bulbs in front and rear, all was going well. About half way thru the day lost all lighting.
Tonight I tore everything apart, checked the wiring that snowhawk addict reccommends on Voltage Regulator. All was fine, checked 25amp fuse under seat also fine. I have no power to lights.
Machine runs fine, but no power to accessorys. Could this be the Voltage Regulator, if so where do I find one for the 503.
If this is not the problem what could it be?? Ways to test??

Thoughts from anyone, or has someone else had this problem.

Thanks,
Ozzydog

S
I have a spare if you want to test it...(it's of my 05 600HO DK if it's the same)I actually bought a new one thinking it would fix my "molten bulb" syndrome.. Your welcome to use it for testing if they are the same...
Dan 206 334 2000

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
ac voltage test

Harley you should be able to test your ac volatage from the lighting coil in the engine before the regulator for a good diognostic test. Not sure on the 503 but the 600 says to get 3.5-5.5 V ac three times when pulling the rope. Hook your meter between the 2 yellows then each yellow to green according to my manual. Ask someone with a 503 manual to doulble check this info.
PS should get pics of dolly up today.

Premium Features