• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

more kits!!!!!

S
Jan 24, 2008
Just doing a little exploring on the bike kits, and found this picture!!!!!!!!!
The ski looks just like the one on my hawk!!!!!!! hmmmmmmmm many other parts look like some track drives similar to the ad boivin style atv track kits too!!!!!!!

MSHXPLORER.jpg

S
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Utah
I'm pretty sure thats an old pic.

Notice how there are really short lugs on the track.

The frame is all alum. New frame is steel.

They ordered Simmons ski's for all the kits this year.(which is a much better ski than the ADB copy of the simmons ski that comes on the snow hawk)

J
Nov 26, 2007
Layton, UT
Steve,
Its not a 2moto kit, I heard on the grapevine that its Boivin's new attempt to stay in business. They are next in the kit department. Interesting to say the least. Doesn't look as well thought out as 2M, IMO.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Utah
Steve,
Its not a 2moto kit, I heard on the grapevine that its Boivin's new attempt to stay in business. They are next in the kit department. Interesting to say the least. Doesn't look as well thought out as 2M, IMO.

Hope they hired some new engineers for their r&d team. They sure dropped the ball on the SH.

M
Dec 12, 2007
with more and more posts stating boivins shaky future, who here knows the truth? any info on 09 models? spec,color etc?
I know the dealer network in western canada is next to nothing.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Utah
Yes they have made improvements to them, all of which are backwards compatible with the original machine. An old 503 can ride as nice as a brand new one.

I'll bet the 503 rides BETTER than the new ones.

Anyone else notice how the track gets tighter when compressed on the long tracks? That should of been fixed years ago!

I don't think that anyone has seen the last of the snow hawk, but I am a dealer, and the first thing that everyone says when they hear the price of the snow hawk is OH!!! And from that point on I sometimes feel that the conversation is lost, that is why I am always watching out for used machines, and try to put people in touch with used hawks to fit a budget.

I see this new set-up for a bike conversion as a way to get more people interested in the hawk with a potential entry level alternative. I cant see it replacing the hawk, but possibly fitting the interest, and budget of any potential buyers. Either way, I'm interested in all of the options!

I have seen no indication that the hawk is gone, but I do see an alternative for an entry level machine for a fraction of the price.
Everyone keeps asking for an alternative model to the 800, and the fact is that if a 2009 503 snow hawk was produced, it will still be more than they were in 2003-04. The exchange rate just is not at $1.40 anymore!

I am interested in the bike kits, and especially interested in how they may perform in sand, or low snow. There is the obvious ability to run with a wheel, for low snow conditions, and to run at the dunes, or wherever else you may go with it.

I will be keeping an eye on these kits, and not just a boivin kit, I like to have available options, it keeps more business in house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The interest in the snow hawk is there, just ask any snow hawk rider that has ever pulled into town to get gas. They do draw a crowd!

So I wouldn't write out an epitaph just yet.

Ed

G
Dec 11, 2007
old forge ny
if the snowhawks gone that really suks conversion kits are not leagle on ny state snowmobile trails. ny state still sees them as a dirt bike. I live in the adirodack park where riding dirt bikes and atvs on state land is compleatly illeagle so if theres no more hawk theres no mor 1 ski snowmobile for me. i realy hope the hawks not gone.

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
if the hawk is really gonna be gone...everyone better look out, cause im buyin all the used ones and locking them up!!! just imagine the value of the used ones if they stop making them...

G
Dec 11, 2007
old forge ny
i think the value will drop if the coversion kits are better as every one is saying. I dont rely get y there better you cant ride them on trails which suks. y would the value stay high on the sh ?

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Well then,

Show your stuff, putt up your pictures, and videos, I know you all have gotten to be better riders as the season has been one of the best in years.

Give the conversions something to measure up to, they have only begun to see what this machine is capable of.

There are plenty of riders on this forum who would gladly be willing to putt their Snow Hawk up against the next big idea, but from what we have seen this is the best idea to ever happen to us!

If we create a demand from those who have seen what it is capable of the manufacturers will begin to listen.

If they don't, collectively between us all there will emerge the next faze, it's already happening in garages around the globe.

If you want some motivation, park your Hawk as if you did not have it and go ride a Twoski for a few days, bet you would rather give up snow.

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
its kind of like when snowboards first came around, everyone said they would never catch on and resorts were trying to ban them. i got my first snowboard in 1985 and never went back to skis again! ill never ride a 2 ski again unless im in a wheelchair! i used to ride quads, now i ride 2 wheels only unless im plowing the drive on my honda rancher!!! if anyone is in the buffalo,ny area and wants to ride a hawk let me know,ill take you out,if we get more snow. all trails are now closed!!!

Dec 4, 2007
pa
ok mr spud, who ever you are, i want to know! where did you find this kit?
there looks to be good ideas behind this, stop waving candy in my face!!!
ship me one!!!! i been looking for an excuse to buy a bike, and they are on sale now!!!! so price it and ship it!! i love being the new kid on the block with all the cool toys!!!

Premium Features