• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rampart range

L
Dec 2, 2007
Elizabeth, CO
I rode my sled there yesterday, and ride dirt bikes there all summer long. Have you ever been? Rampart range road is gated closed to motor vehicles starting about Nov 1st, and snowmobiles, quads, dirt bikes, etc have free rein of the road and trails.
Do you need directions, a trail map?

S

seth25

Jan 9, 2008
Sedalia, CO
I live in Parker and I would also like info on Rampart. What kind of trail conditions? Do you have any maps and directions from Parker. How far is it from the Parker area?

thanks

L
Dec 2, 2007
Elizabeth, CO
It's west of Sedalia and Castle Rock. Some years there isn't enough snow to ride, and it's mainly road riding anyway. If you're itching for a tuning ride, or a relaxing trail ride close to home, it's good for that.

B
Dec 30, 2007
We were out there today and rode for about 3 hours. The snow was pretty good, and we were on the trails most of the time. Some great areas, and some that are pretty tight and technical for sleds. The National Geographic maps have all of the trails marked on them, and you can ride loops instead of out and back. There were quite a few vehicles in the parking lot, but only saw a few people once we got back in there. Anyow, really good place to get out, close to south Denver, and lots of trails if you are into that. Gonna have to explore more and try to find some open areas.

Nov 26, 2007
CrawlOrado
We rode up there yesterday afternoon, so cool to have a long trail so close to home

Gorgeous weather and decent conditions for a snow packed trail. We rode about 16 miles in then turned around as the sun was fading, tons of fun! Lots of ATV's up there still

Open area's = would need alot more snow

Area could use about 3 more feet of snow IMO, doing the snow dance now
ice scratchers are a MUST

L
Dec 2, 2007
Elizabeth, CO
I would be scared to death to go off trail there. There are so many stumps, rocks, fence posts, etc, just waiting to make a statement. The actual motorcycle trails, as opposed to the main road, can be ridden cautiously when there's enough snow. I rode trail 675, 674, 682, and 679 the other day.

Premium Features