• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fairview Conditions

F
Aug 5, 2001
Utah
I was up there before all this snow hit and it was close so Im sure its good. Buddies were up last couple days and reports were good.

B
Dec 22, 2007
Good Snow

Just rode it and the snow is good - better base than expected - it has a bottom. The one thing to watch is if you park at the summit - the flat area in the bottom (lake area) has some holes in the snow where there is warm springs coming in from creeks and make for a good scare (drop 5' or so onto ice when running 40mph or so) - just ask my riding buddy....LOL
overall some of the best snow I have ridden in quite some time...and very few things hidden unless you get to the area just below the dam and a few rocks on the windblown hills may be found pretty shallow on the crests of knolls and such. GOOD TIMES - especially bangin' the creek bottoms....

P
Dec 1, 2007
utah
have seen a few of the little hills slide but we have stayed out of the canyons because of the high avalanche danger

alot of real good powder from the last storms though, will post some pics of yesterday when i get them downloaded

R
Dec 16, 2007
I rode on sat, and we made it to the shootout bowl. I didn't see any slides on the way in and it seemed pretty good. The snow was deep I couldn't climb over ...

P
Dec 1, 2007
utah
shootout bowl/staker canyon coords, i just picked them off my map but they will get ya real close
39 32.733N
111 16.935W

http://sanpetecounty.org/pages/snowmobile

the link above has some good printable maps of the area, the skyline south complex is the one of the area you are looking for and shootout bowl is staker canyon on the map

D
Dec 28, 2007
This was our first trip to fairview and it was awesome. Good base with 4-8" of new. looking forward to the weather forcast of more snow.

P
Oct 31, 2001
Lindon, UT.
Fairview is great right now. We rode on Saturday and the conditions were perfect. Blue sky, 8-12" of new snow so you could still climb great yet it was a challenge. A few little slides, but nothing very big. Most were from the cornices breaking off and triggering a little slide. Be safe, but it was great. Should be even better with the snow from yesterday.

Premium Features