• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Not a good ending...

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Spanish Mountain near 100 Mile House B.C.

4 of my friends were caught in an avalanche yesterday afternoon. 2 got out, the other 2 were not so fortunate. We went up yesterday about an hour after this happened and spent 8hrs probing and digging. We found my one buddy and his snowmobile. Unfortunately we couldn't find my other friend. SAR went out this morning with a group of guys to recover our friend.

RIP guys.

B
Nov 26, 2007
North Vancouver
One person dead, another missing in avalanche in B.C.'s interior

2 hours ago

108 MILE HOUSE, B.C. - One man is dead and another is missing after an avalanche hit a region of British Columbia's interior.

A group on snowmobiles was out Monday when a minor avalanche hit Spanish Lake, near 108 Mile House.

The group was digging out of the snow when another, stronger avalanche took place.

Captain David Burneau with the Rescue Co-ordination Centre said a Cormorant helicopter carrying an avalanche expert and a Buffalo fixed-wing aircraft were dispatched to help with the rescue.

"They managed to find one of the two missing people and he was severely injured," he said. "He later succumbed to his injuries. The other gentleman is still missing."

The area where the avalanche hit has been closed off because of the danger of further avalanches.

Burneau couldn't say how many people were in the group of snowmobilers.

While the two men's identities have not been released, Burneau said both men were in their early 20s.

The case has been handed over to the RCMP. Once the area is deemed safe, a search will resume to find the missing man.
Hosted by Google

Very sorry to hear this.
Condolences to the familes.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I was there on Monday night and after 3hrs of trying to revive our friend we pulled him from the hole and took him down to the waiting helicopter.
Looking at te break, I thought it was about 300ft wide and at the top, very possibly around 2-3ft deep where it broke.

RIP boys.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Very sad! I have a bad feeling with avalanches this year. Here in Colorado we had very weak snow to start and stronger of late. Makes for some frightening conditions. Be careful and always ride with protection!

Premium Features