• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Phazer Starting Update

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Yamaha has finally admitted to the cold starting issue on the Phazers. They issued a bulletin today for an ECU kit that will aleviate this problem. Contact your dealer and get this done as soon as you can if you are having issues with your Phazer starting. If you have any questions PM me.:beer;

reed4rmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Clackamas, OR
Can you define what you mean by cold starting issues. I know mine has always been slow to start after it's been sitting and it's cold. But it always started and I just thought that was the nature of the beast.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
It is a Service Bulletin from Yamaha. I read it on the Yamaha Dealer Site under current service bulletins. I have had a bunch of guys saying their dealers say this is BS. I am just trying to spread info so you all know what's up as soon as possible.:beer;

T

Tackbtch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2004
Trout Creek MT
Just brought home a 08 Phazer and it starts up in about 3 sec. Brand new of course. I asked about the service bulletin for the 07 and he told me he was unaware of it and that he would look into it. Dino

Premium Features