• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Steamboat for New Years

M

mblanken881

Nov 27, 2007
Sioux City, IA
We have plans to come from Omaha, NE to Steamboat Springs for New Years. Honestly, are the snow conditions worth the drive or should we head somewhere else? It's a long drive from Omaha so we want to make sure there is enough snow. I appreciate your help and thanks in advance. Mike.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Elkhorn Nebraska
We have plans to come from Omaha, NE to Steamboat Springs for New Years. Honestly, are the snow conditions worth the drive or should we head somewhere else? It's a long drive from Omaha so we want to make sure there is enough snow. I appreciate your help and thanks in advance. Mike.

Goin to tog after xmas. You're welcome to tag along if you want!!! 858-531-3673! Jon. Got room for two in the trailer!

B
Dec 8, 2007
Tog

I thought you were riding with Phatty the 27th? We are from Iowa, so i guess we cant ride either! But I just done fell like wasteing my time in that thread about the flatlanders. But their is 3 of us forsure coming to Steamboat just need to decide if we want to go up their or not. I will be with Mblanken how far is Tog? Is their lodgeing near their????

B
Nov 26, 2007
Elkhorn Nebraska
I thought you were riding with Phatty the 27th? We are from Iowa, so i guess we cant ride either! But I just done fell like wasteing my time in that thread about the flatlanders. But their is 3 of us forsure coming to Steamboat just need to decide if we want to go up their or not. I will be with Mblanken how far is Tog? Is their lodgeing near their????

It's about a 16hr drive. Their is lodging at togwotee mtn lodge. www.togwoteelodge.com
But I think they are full. Turpin Meadow ranch is nearby. About 8miles away. Short drive. From what I understand the snowies have way better snow now than the ears do. Ride the ears a lot and this is one of the worst years since I can think of out of the last 7 or 8 years!!! I might hit the snowies too for a few days after a few at tog.

Last edited:
B
Nov 26, 2007
Elkhorn Nebraska
na its not that bad. MAde it there and back in 3 days. Pickin up the new sled from troy in alpine which is bout 2hrs from tog. I might just get the sled and go to the snowies from there. Not sure. i have reservations at the lodge but i might cancel them. Just had my buddy call and back out on the trip. He is goin with his fam this weekend to the snowies. Hopefully they get pounded this week with lots of POW!!!:D Let me know though what you guys plan to do. I f you go to the snowies we coudl def. meet up and ride!!!

B
Nov 26, 2007
Elkhorn Nebraska
If re or buff gets one more good snowfall then I might be headed there!!! if there is good snow and you know your way around you can find some secret spots with some awesome riding(climbing)!!! Area 54;) but snowies are on the list for now!!!

B
Nov 26, 2007
Elkhorn Nebraska
Up by slo. yea. My family's house was in parkside across the street from slo.
i ride over by sugar loaf a lot. The east side of sand mtn. has great climbing. There are a couple of really steep chute climbs if you know where you are goin. but you gotta get there on a private access road. The second face of sand mtn is an awesome climb too. But re and buff are way better.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Might look into wolf creek or anywhere in sw CO if you want to ride here, they have more snow than anyone in the us rockies right now.

Premium Features