• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Long Track Snow Hawks (144+)

B
Dec 17, 2007
Anyone take delivery or have pics of them? I bet there will be some smokin deals on the used 136" versions now.

Also is there any word on AD putting the 800r motor in the Hawk?

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
How many used and new machines you seen lately?
I figure world wide maybe twentyfive are for sale.

144, 151, and 159 were not arched tracks, will your KX500 handle the dunes, or a mx track better with an extended swingarm?:D

Last edited:
C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Riding a hawk with a non-arched track is not really that bad. The only time you can tell the difference is on a hard packed trail. I personally would like to try a 144" track, Ive been thinking about putting one under my 600ho. I just see how many guys have done it and go back to 136" so I think I'll kick that ball around for a little while longer.

But like addict says, the used market is about done. everybody I know who has one would not sell it unless someone offered enough that it allowed the purchase of a new unit. So good luck finding a cheap one, and if you do jump on it because they don't know what they have.

E
Dec 6, 2007

I've got a 144" polaris track I would be willing to sell that I took off when I traded off one of my hawks to my cousin. call me if you are interested

Read

208 713-3080

B
Dec 17, 2007
Supply and demand, just like your dream bike!

http://www.servicehonda.com/kx500af.html:D

I like my perimeter framed KX500 (2001 KX250 with KX500cc engine) better seeing as how I only have about $1500 CDN into it..

I didn't say there were a million of these Hawks for sale used...I do think there will be "some" owners looking to pony up for the 144 therefore a good deal on a used 136" could be had.

I know your trying to help but so far you have not answered either of my questions.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Answers

Anyone take delivery or have pics of them? I bet there will be some smokin deals on the used 136" versions now.

Also is there any word on AD putting the 800r motor in the Hawk?

One of Steve's customers in Hirum Ut. has the 144" machine ridden by Kim in the March Snowest Deep Powder Challenge article.

The guys in Alberta have a couple 08 Mountains.

No knoledge of a factory 800R engine coming, but Alaska Toy Rental has built his own from one of his rental XP's.

You folks without first hand experience have no idea, when you assume increased displacement and HP would be the driving force towards you converting, it could very well be the reason you don't.

The design is the key element that makes this machine shine.

People whom have gone up with us in the past driven by the release of the 800HO have come out with an experience realizing it was just to much for them, their attraction for the older versions grow as they see, and try the other Hawk's/tracks.

R
Dec 10, 2007
i have an o8 with the 159 and love it! being new to the sport i haven't had the chance to try the smaller displacement hawks but from what i have done with the 800 i can't say a bad thing about it the hawk is one machine that i can say has opened up some new terrain that i wouldn't normally ride and has made me look at the terrain a little differently i cant see myself riding another sled with two ski's!

S
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Utah
People whom have gone up with us in the past driven by the release of the 800HO have come out with an experience realizing it was just to much for them, their attraction for the older versions grow as they see, and try the other Hawk's/tracks.

So you might be saying something like 2moto's kit might be the ticket for some of these people?

Smaller bike, smaller displacement.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
So long twoskis!

Yes I might, long as they can prove it can go wherever we can or more.

Dirt Rider magazine did a full test Oct. 07 with 2 moto/Sidewinder pre Radix, and SnowXcycle their results were lots of stuck. Don't know what time in the season of 06 they did it to tell what that meant.

I know Toys for Us, Steve's daughter rides a 503F, and goes where he goes.
Remember our Hawks body's play a lot into the machines performance, and abilities, have a feeling the bike's frame and exhaust header could cause a lot of drag in the deep stuff.:D

By the way got copies of your photos from when Steve came out last year, mid action jump, untouched powder slalom shots, still some of the best we have. You should restate "guess I'm a Hawker now" again!

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Utah
Yes I might, long as they can prove it can go wherever we can or more.

Point well taken.

I'm a short track lover....always have been. I just wish I had a 2.5" 121 on my 800.....or even the 600...

It's the manuverability I love.

Just haven't found that track yet so I'm stuck with a little longer one. More HP usually helps overcome the longer feeling of a longer track, so it's not THAT bad.

My 200 lb. 120 hp dream is getting closer and closer but not quite here yet....

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Yea!

Three of our ten plus 600's are 121's two of which are mine, their my favorites, might like my 800 more if I changed it, when AD Boivin shipped it it was one of the prototypes so it's rail extensions can't be adjusted.

Had a call last week from an AK 503F rider wanting a 136" kit, maybe you guy's can trade if he see's this.:D

A
Dec 20, 2007
I'm the one who called addict last week. I think I'd rather buy than trade at this point. Based on what I've read so far it seems like I might end up liking the 121 better. Let me know if you're still interested sledr2 and we can swap emails.

whistlerhawk

Premium Member
Mar 23, 2008
Whistler BC
136" and 159" track

I've got a '05 600cc with 136" track and a '08 800cc with 159" track. In the mountains, there is no comparison, the 159" totally rips and keeps up or exceeds all other stock mountain sleds. The 136" is pretty good and I would equate it to a 144" sled, but the 159" is a serious mountain machine. I run a Simmons Gen2 ski which really helps the downhill turning and landing drops especially with the long track pushing straight forward. The 136" just doesn't have the floatation when compared to the 159". Also the added length of the 159" track helps keep the front end down when hill clmbing so the Hawk doesn't trench as much and the track pushes forward not straight up like the shorter tracks. Also, I take the rear deflector off once we hit the alpine which propobaly gives about 25% more climbing power. I have temperature guages to make sure I'm keeping cool all of the time with the deflector off. With the long track, you have to have to the deflector on the trails for sure as the long track doesn't hold snow on the track into the tunnel as well as the 136". Yes the 136" is a little more maneouverable but the 159" is no slouch either. It all depends on where you ride and whether you require flotation. I love both machines but I must say the 800 really rips. Also, interestingly, I find I use less gas on the 800 as I always have the 600 pinned but the 800 with more power and floatation doesn't require pinning as much or for as long. I love the 159" track as it really hooks up and allows me to access anything the stock mountain sleds can get to and way more as we can turn around on the downhill and sidehilling is a non-issue. I wouldn't hesitate recommending the 159" to anyone who is doing significant mountain riding and requires floatation.

Premium Features